• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I have a New Username!

Soldier4Jesus

Real Person
Male
Hey everyone! I've been here in BF for a little bit, but recently received a new username that is very fitting! Thank you to the wonderful moderators who helped get this changed.

I wanted to take the opportunity to properly introduce myself:

I'm a U.S. Soldier currently deployed to the middle east. My lovely wife, Broncos4Life, is so awesome and supportive of me, but we are missing each other terribly. I hope that The Lord will watch over her and also the baby she is carrying in her belly. I am currently in Kuwait, on my way to Afghanistan, where I will be serving for the next year.

God has been working in me, bringing me into understanding of plural marriage and how it is holy and biblical for a long time now. I have felt Him drawing me to this for years, and my story continues to unfold as I draw closer to The Lord and take my steps following in His path.

My wife and I met many of the BF families at the retreat last November in Austin (which was completely awesome!) We look forward to connecting with you all more when I return in 2019. We love this website! Thank you for having us and inspiring us to live in God's true commandments.

Praying for your safe return and for B4L's comfort and patience while you're gone.

I am not one to shy away from duty, to my family, to My Lord, or to my country. They needed me to do a job, so I went. This is my path that God has called me to. I serve with distinction and it is truly an honor.
Ah, the inability to get humor across in print.:eek:

I did not have the pleasure to serve. I just remembered jokes by veterans of wars gone by (my father included). Any time they talked to a new recruit, or someone being shipped off into theater, they joked about not volunteering when you weren't told what you were volunteering for....you might get latrine duty, or graveyard watch duty.:D

Zec told you to keep your head down, so I followed suit with being careful about volunteering.....lame attempt at humor.

God bless you in your service of this great nation. You and your volunteer spirit have my highest regard.:cross:

Thank you so much for your kind words Mojo.

Its a common joke for us too, we caution each other, don't volunteer for anything! Usually whatever they need volunteers for is not exactly fun. Haha, but then we say hey, we all volunteered for the Army after all. We all chose this life, and having an all volunteer force made up of soliders who choose to serve make for a stronger and more dedicated military.

Kind of like all of our service to Christ, if you think about it, we are all volunteers! We all heard the call from Our Lord when he needed volunteers to do His work, and we heeded and answered and said, "Here I am Lord, use me for your holy work!"

We all know that walking and truly following God is not easy, yet we choose to walk in the narrow path where most others would not.

Back