• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I just want to brag on my son for a moment

Nikud

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
My oldest son is 6 and hes small for his age. The bottom 9% for height and weight. His 3 year old brother is only 1/2 shorter and 7 lbs heavier. I have to admit I was worried when he said he wanted to take a jujitsu class. All the girls in his class have height and weight advantage over him. Yet he never complained or wanted to give up, even when the girls in his class made him tap for the first month.

This isn't the type of dojo that gives out belts or participation ribbons. You have to earn every stripe towards the next belt. Today they we're testing.

They called him out and matched him against a girl that was only a little bigger than him. He said no and asked to face a boy we'll call Billy Bob. Billy Bob is the biggest boy in the class. There are five rolls in a match. After 5 rolls who ever gets the most taps wins. Now Billy Bob made my son tap 9 times. My son made Billy Bob tap 4, but my son used the techniques they we're testing over properly.

Out of a class of 23 he was the only one who actually performed the techniques properly and he got his first stripe.

He may be little but there's no give in him. Even thought he didn't win his match I'm so very proud of him for taking the biggest challange he could find head on.

Back