• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I need help!!!

Daniel, that is wonderful to hear. I would highly recommend you direct her to this website (whenever you feel that is right), and encourage her to look into it for herself here. Reading this site was extremely encouraging for my wife and was instrumental in changing her initial apprehensions into enthusiasm for PM. Don't push things too fast, allow her to learn and grow at her own pace and in her own way.

Thank you so much for your encouragement and words of affirmation. It has been wonderful to see the work of YHWH in this situation. What I am seeking now is discernment as to where to start. There are so many points that could be talked about, I need to answered her fears with scripture. Don't know if that makes much sense, I am not sure where to go from here, I am being patient though and waiting on Him.

Interjecting: Study, STUDY, and don't be shy about letting her see it, about the heart of YHWH, and how He husbands us. Compassion. Long-suffering. Merciful. Providing. Loving. Communicative. (Sure He does nothing without revealing His plans to the prophets, remember?), etc. Yet a little remote, in that He always remains the Head. He's never just one of the guys who can be disrespected with impunity.

Go thou and do likewise.

Feel free to communicate EXACTLY what you are doing. Tell her that whether your days are lived out in monogamy or in polygamy, you are learning and DOing the busines of husbanding / fathering your family in direct, slavish imitation of God.

It helps. Whether she ultimately accepts PM, or leaves you over it, you will have her respect. And your own. And God's. That's BIG!

Maybe start with "What is marriage", building it up from absolutely nothing from scripture alone? The first issue which is related but not polygamy, is "is a de-facto couple married". That's a fascinating topic for discussion that might start to strip away some preconceptions and bring you back to marriage being something defined and given by God, not the State.

Back