• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I need prayers for Peace.

Nikud

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Some of yall might have noticed a difference lately in my temperment. Im less tolerant of Lawlessness and traditions and have been disrespectful to people.

Let me first tell you about my little brother. His father, my step father before he abbandened us and died, was a herion junkie. At 13 I was the one trying to teach my 3 year old brother how to be a man. At 16, I remember being jealous of his relationship with Yeshua, this is when I started rebelling against everything. I remember thinking I knew exactly what Cain must of felt seeing God a prove of Able. I took off. I sent money home to my mom but I wasn't around. By time he was 18 he was a meth addict. That continued on until 3 years ago when he went to prison. He got clean and we stated speaking regularly about God. Several months ago he started pointing out how Christians had no set standard of what to beleive in regards to sin. That the law in the eyes of christians was gone. So Christians were hypocrites to tell people to what is moral and not. He started point out the tradtions that Christians and Jews followed instead of the laws of God. I noticed in a few of the letters to my kids odd sayings. I knew they were from the Quran. I questioned him about it and the letters stopped. Today I got a letter telling me he has finally given himself over to the one true god, Allah. He has renounced Yeshua.

He has tasted of the Holy Spirit and turned away. He cannot be grafted back in.

I felt this was coming and my heart has been breaking. So I lashed out at everyone who promoted what I saw as lawlessness and tradition. I've had the chance to talk about what was going on with a few guys from the forum during our phone calls but chose to keep it in. To rely on myself instead of asking for help. Now all I can do is think, what if I had asked for advice. I prayed an prayed and I know the Father heard my prays its just my brothers heart was stone. I just need some peace.

In my life, I have discovered time can be a friend or an enemy. I believe you’re going to need time, to contemplate, to meditate - on both life and the word, to allow yourself time to heal and allow yourself to forgive yourself, whether this necessity of forgiveness is real or not.

In the movie, ‘The Natural’, they used a metaphor. It went like this, “There is the life we learn with, and then we live our life with what we learned”. (As best I remember that phrase)

We do the best we can as we go thru life, the sad part would be if we never learned. The very fact you are on here asking for advice towards peace, tells me you have already started down the road to peace. You’ll have some bumps along the way, but you know that.

I suggest, don’t be too hard on yourself, evaluate, discover what you did right, discover what you did wrong (and don’t repeat), then live a life for God you know he wants for you.

John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come so that they may have life, and may have it abundantly.

The things that matter most to our hearts color our world for better or worse. I understand your frustrations with the idea of lawlessness and I agree there is a form of lawlessness in the Christian world that is more destructive than outright rebellion that's easily identifiable. There is a form of Christianity that understands and operates within the Laws of God but also understands His Mercy.

This is not the end, there is room for Grace. Father being peace to you son Kevin and don't let go of his brother.

@Kevin, I agree with @Cap . There is still grace and mercy. You see the outside, but the Father knows his heart.

While in seminary, way back in 2000, I had to do a couple prison visits. Long story short, I connected with a guy who had recently converted to Islam. We wrote, I visited and sent books and ocassional care packages. He is about 3 years from getting out. He knows the Messiah and rejected Islam. We talk once a month or so and I still send packages.

I pray someone come alongside your brother that can be a similar voice for debate, discussion, etc... he is never too far for the Father to reach him... YOU be a loving and supportive brother. Visit him. Pray for him. Entrust him to the Father....

PM me re where he is. I know of multiple ministries in the south TX prison system....may be able to connect him.

Father, I pray for bro Kevin. Please comfort and encourage him even as you teach him a lesson or two.. I pray for Kevin's brother and ask that You begin to work in his prodigal heart to turn him back to You.. give him a solid trustworthy roommate who knows You and Your Word.
In Yeshua's matchless name, Amein.

Kevin, all I can say is that you will be in my prayers a deep shalom peace. May God bring your brother back to Him too.

@Kevin, Thank you for giving us in this BF family a chance to bear your burden with you. It is a privilege to do so!

I have never read the Quran; however Dr. Kent Hovind read it through 7 times while he spent 7 1/2 years of his life unjustly incarcerated in our prison system because the powers that be wanted to shut him up once and for all. I have heard him say more than once that at the end of the Quran there are verses which specifically direct the reader to seek Yeshua IF they have further questions! I hope this will encourage your heart. God makes no mistakes. If your brother is sincere in his desire to follow Allah and immerses himself in reading and studying the Quran, you can see what he will find at the end of it. :)

I also echo the thoughts of @Phillip, @Cap, and @PeteR. In the midst of your heartache, -break, and self-evaluation, stay tender before our Father. Water your clay with tears so you can stay moldable in the Potter's Hand. Resist that temptation which would allow a root of bitterness to begin in your heart. On those days when you slip into despondency and don't feel like you can even pray for yourself or your brother, remember that someone here in this family is probably holding the ropes and lifting you before the Throne. :) Best of all, remember that your Yeshua is also praying for you. If He told Peter "I have prayed for you" because Satan desired to sift that bold disciple, then I'm pretty sure He prays for each of us--what a thought! Psalm 3--allow YHWH to be the lifter up of your head and of your brother's. Don't hang your head; dare to stay face-to-face in the midst of this season.

Shalom my brother!

I'd like to echo @PeteR and @rejoicinghandmaid's encouragements. God has brought many people to Jesus through the Qur'an. It speaks of Him far more than it speaks of Muhammad. I'm not promoting it in any way, it is evil in many ways - nevertheless it is a tool that God can use for good. So the situation is dire - but not without hope.

Kevin, I know what you're saying about those that are practicing lawlessness, and being Hypocrites in the church.
When I was a young boy/man there was a point in my life where I literally hated Christianity with a passion and as far as I was concerned they could all go straight to hell, many years later I found out that one of my friends Dad was praying for me all those years. I was invited to a week-long meeting at a church of my friend and out of respect for him I went and lo and behold the father had plans for me.
I learned a valuable lesson keep my eyes off of man because man will always fail me and let me down and to always keep my eyes on Yahshua because he will never leave me nor forsake me and he will never let me down.

It is truly amazing what happens when YaHWeH is in control, as a result of me getting saved my wife saw the difference in me and wanted what I had and later on that week she surrendered her life to the Messiah and neither one of us grew up in a Christian home in any way shape or form.

If I remember right I was 16 or 17 when I first got introduced to church and like I mentioned above the hypocrisy, lawlessness is what led me to the hatred I had for the church back then.

May YaHWeH's Shalom be upon you and your family. We will be praying for you and your family.

@Kevin said; "He has tasted of the Holy Spirit and turned away."

I am not sure how any man can know the absolute certainty of that, apart from El having said so.
If the premise is unknown and uncertain, then the conclusion is also unknown, and uncertain....

Kevin said; "He cannot be grafted back in."

:)

Some of yall might have noticed a difference lately in my temperment. Im less tolerant of Lawlessness and traditions and have been disrespectful to people.

Let me first tell you about my little brother. His father, my step father before he abbandened us and died, was a herion junkie. At 13 I was the one trying to teach my 3 year old brother how to be a man. At 16, I remember being jealous of his relationship with Yeshua, this is when I started rebelling against everything. I remember thinking I knew exactly what Cain must of felt seeing God a prove of Able. I took off. I sent money home to my mom but I wasn't around. By time he was 18 he was a meth addict. That continued on until 3 years ago when he went to prison. He got clean and we stated speaking regularly about God. Several months ago he started pointing out how Christians had no set standard of what to beleive in regards to sin. That the law in the eyes of christians was gone. So Christians were hypocrites to tell people to what is moral and not. He started point out the tradtions that Christians and Jews followed instead of the laws of God. I noticed in a few of the letters to my kids odd sayings. I knew they were from the Quran. I questioned him about it and the letters stopped. Today I got a letter telling me he has finally given himself over to the one true god, Allah. He has renounced Yeshua.

He has tasted of the Holy Spirit and turned away. He cannot be grafted back in.

I felt this was coming and my heart has been breaking. So I lashed out at everyone who promoted what I saw as lawlessness and tradition. I've had the chance to talk about what was going on with a few guys from the forum during our phone calls but chose to keep it in. To rely on myself instead of asking for help. Now all I can do is think, what if I had asked for advice. I prayed an prayed and I know the Father heard my prays its just my brothers heart was stone. I just need some peace.
Praying for you Kev.

Back