• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I would like some advice regarding my Sister

patriarch777

Male
I have a Sis, who is a few years younger. She lives on her own, with roommates and has a job as a nurse . She is a Christian' but moderately liberal about it. . She lives with shady roommates and should be looking to get married. What could I do to convince her to come move in with me & my clan and allow herself to be mentored by my wives? Should could easily find a job in the area where I live with my family. Any useful bible verses? Do the ladies here have any ideas? I do not like the idea of her living on her own and uncovered.

Rather than look for 'tactics' to convince her, I would advise that you and your wives spend dedicated time in prayer for her, regularly. If it's something that's really on your heart, I definitely advise that you fast for her as well. Bearing in mind that God might have a different plan for her besides your house, but that He answers prayers according to His will. Pray also that if there's a part you can play in His plan that He would provide both opportunity and wisdom for you.

And that's it. If she doesn't already feel like she ought to make all available efforts to be under a male authority, there's precious little in the way of reasoning that will help. Sort of like conversion to Christ , if they aren't being drawn by the Father, they can't come in the first place. By all means tell her what you understand the bible to say and the benefits of living with you, but then leave it in His hands to direct you.

Bearing in mind that God might have a different plan for her besides your house, but that He answers prayers according to His will.
Amen. And that's a very important point to keep in mind for every situation we bring to Him in prayer. May His will be on our hearts so that we're praying accordingly in the first place, and He will answer perfectly.

Back