• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, or her marital rights. Exodus 21:10

Here is anothor reason for population fall:

View attachment 6800
Two kids are now another full time job.

Who has time for two full time jobs?
I remember years ago, when china announced that they were going to allow some people to have 2 children, there was an article interviewing people from China and what they thought about it. They didn't want to have another child. Their whole society was centered around only having one child. They put all their effort into that one child, it got so much attention and time that they couldn't fathom having another one, they just didn't have the time.

It is so very very much more than that. I know the mouse utopia comparison/theory in spades but that is just one factor in a really big equation.
Just a very few quick bullet points

- mass contraception even where completely unnecessary 9n a planetary scale

- environmental contamination... this list could go on till my thumbs cramp from typing but you are smart enough to have a couple of dozen pop to mind before you get to the end of this sentence, so I won't bore everyone with even a partial list

- Modern western diet. This technically falls under the big tent of environmental contamination but it is so big that I think it deserves its own bullet point

- propaganda. We are all being pushed extremely hard, especially the white western population, to not reproduce. It is too expensive boohoo. I don't want to impact the planet waa. How could you bring a child into this terrible world *sniffle *. I can't keep oppressing the planet with my dirty colonizer genesView attachment 6801

More factors still but you will forgive my not going on about it or doing the while citations of articles and stats etc. The topic is somewhat distressing.
Yes mouse utopia but mouse utopia on drugs and war and with sadistic spastics constantly contaminating the food and torturing the mice.

Blackpilled?View attachment 6802
Problem is knowing what exactly causes fall in fertility and in what exactly measure.

For example, we know that pill changed mate selection in women. So when women stops taking pill, she wants divorce.

Now, how much potential children are lost becsuse such women can't find another man in time. And how much less children such women have (if they have it).

And what another modern education where people start having children in 30s.

It's clus...r f..k.

I remember years ago, when china announced that they were going to allow some people to have 2 children, there was an article interviewing people from China and what they thought about it. They didn't want to have another child. Their whole society was centered around only having one child. They put all their effort into that one child, it got so much attention and time that they couldn't fathom having another one, they just didn't have the time.

It's probably because most people have only one or two children. They take far more time than half a dozen, because a group of children entertain each other, but one or two have to play with Mum.
Let's add another reason. Lack of multi-children families as template for their own which means parents can't imagine how to function with multiple children, therefore they have one or two.

Let's add another reason. Lack of multi-children families as template for their own which means parents can't imagine how to function with multiple children, therefore they have one or two.
I think society is changing a little bit. When I was having 3, 4, 5 etc, I got a lot of flack from people about it. People who I did not know were really upset. They thought I was really stupid.
Now, when I tell people I have 7, they are gobsmacked and really impressed. There's a lot of awe. Not many negative comments at all.

I think society is changing a little bit. When I was having 3, 4, 5 etc, I got a lot of flack from people about it. People who I did not know were really upset. They thought I was really stupid.
Now, when I tell people I have 7, they are gobsmacked and really impressed. There's a lot of awe. Not many negative comments at all.
Welcome to ranks of natural aristocracy.

I have previously painted a scenario for a different topic but I think it applies here as well.

Plural family out at a big club store filling a large flat trolly with bulk food (meat...what were you hippies thinking? Rice or pasta or *dunt dunt duuuuu* sugary snacks!?!). Three wives, a dozen kids from strollers through teens and a proud dad. All smiling, talking amongst themselves and enjoying a day out.

I feel pretty confident that the reaction to the site of a large happy family is a moderately good proxy for a lot of other qualities that we should either be avoiding or embracing as the case may be.
The ones that automatically will recoil from a big happy family will have a lot of other maladaptive aspects to their personality I will wager

Last edited:
@Brenna, can you find an example of someone being convicted of a crime for the sole reason of polygamy? In other words, not a person charged for something else (e.g. underage marriage) who happens to be a polygamist, or wanted on suspicion of something else but the only thing they could legally pin on them was polygamy so it was used as a substitute charge. I mean someone who was pursued by the authorities and then convicted solely for polygamy between consenting adults - convicted for the sort of relationship that we support.

I think if you try hunting for an actual case you may gain a whole new perspective on the situation.
Never looked at that.

Never looked at that.
No surprise, most Christians haven't (this isn't an insult to you, it's a general observation). We're taught an attitude of over-submission to the government without examination.

Incidentally, this reminds me of Covid craziness. I remember a church meeting that I attended where our local church was trying to decide what to do about a new government edict that restricted meetings to 100 people to stop the spread. Now, at the time, there were weekly protests of thousands of people gathering in the streets, for which nobody was being arrested. So I told them "nobody's actually being prosecuted for it, so we can ignore it, and deal with this again if the police do actually send someone to count heads at the door which is unlikely - even if it happens they'll give us a warning first time so we can have a meeting about it then". But the goody-two-shoes crowd decided to comply, anyway, because that's traditional...

Back