• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I'm Back!

Carolina Butterfly

Real Person
Female
Hello all.

A lot of you know me from when I was on this site before. I left about a year and a half ago. I am now back and glad to see some old friends and looking forward to making new ones.

A little about me. I am a Carolina girl through-and-through, although somewhat displaced at the moment to the Southwestern US. I came to an understanding of polygyny about 4-5 years ago as a 19-20 year old kid who didn't know the first thing about what truly constituted a Biblical marriage. I spent time on here with some wonderful ladies who taught me a lot that first year. I searched and searched for ways to disprove what I saw and came up empty. At the time I was struggling with it for other and personal reasons. Since that time, I have fully embraced polygyny and all that entails.

I am a single gal, but definitely NOT looking at this time for any relationship, be that in any type of relationship, as I need some time to figure out who I am after coming out of a difficult situation. I am not opposed to this in the future if that is what the Lord has for me, however at this time I am to remain single and follow the Lord in the path he has set out for me. I know that the Lord has a calling on my life. I believe that calling is to someday become a Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), as I am already a nurse and I absolutely LOVE babies and maternal-fetal medicine.

I look forward to getting to know those I don't know better and reconnecting even more with old friends!

Hi CB, welcome again. Good to meet you in the ladies chat and have you back on the forums :D

Carolina Butterfly said:
I believe that calling is to someday become a Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), as I am already a nurse and I absolutely LOVE babies and maternal-fetal medicine.
That is a brilliant goal, a very worthy occupation that sadly receives too few people working in it. We've got an excellent midwifery system in New Zealand, but there are never quite enough midwives.

Oh, and welcome back! :D

WELCOME BACK LITTLE ONE!
we be proud of you and that you are still standing

We are so glad to have you around again CB. Looking forward to seeing what God has for you this year. Blessings!

Welcome back, my wife has spoken of you and we are glad you are able to be here to join in discussions and be part of the group. We have a few friends that are CNM and have had our last 4 children with midwives in a hospital setting. We are open to home birth also, but prayerfully consider each birth and do as we feel the Lord has led in each situation. is my wife, in case you don't recognize my screen name. We are thankful to the Lord for your fellowship and hope we can serve you as a dear sister in Christ.

I thank you for stating your relationship needs so plainly. Otherwise, you may have gotten some invitations by now, :lol: :lol: .

Oh, and our hospital is hiring RNs, CNAs, and has great benefits on the coast of Maine. Just sayin' my wife would love to have a BF lady nearby for fellowship.

Yes indeed! Welcome back, Carolina Butterfly, wherever you are roaming! So glad you are doing so well, and to have you back with us. You've been missed.

Thanks everyone!!!!! I have missed the fellowship so much!

ChrisM said:
I thank you for stating your relationship needs so plainly. Otherwise, you may have gotten some invitations by now, :lol: :lol:

Just kidding, folks. I work in a local hospital OR, and am sad that I only get to see midwives in the C-section room. I do jaunt on down the hall often to L & D to peek in on the little babies. I am still baffled that people don't let me hold their babies, even if I am a total stranger...with just a few visible tattoos.... and not many teeth... and 6'5". LOL, my work here is done.
ChrisM said:
Oh, and our hospital is hiring RNs, CNAs, and has great benefits on the coast of Maine. Just sayin' my wife would love to have a BF lady nearby for fellowship.

ChrisM, that is the exact reason why I did state so plainly, so as to avoid the invitations!!!!! :D :lol: I can only wonder as to why they don't let you hold their precious new little bundles, haha. Just kidding. :) On another note, I'd love to be closer to some of the women, but right now I need to be in this desert place. Eventually I would love to move back to the East Coast. However, the ladies' chat is good for my soul and I would love to be able to make it to the women's conference in the fall!

Back