• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

In a society that practices polygamy honorably...

Paul not the apostle

Real Person
every child has a father,

every woman has a husband,

and only about three percent of the men have more than one wife.

Feel free to add your own positive observations or suppositions.

Security that comes from stable family structure.

adult's choose this freely and Openly.....

there is not perversion and abuse.....

children never have to be latch key kids :)

julieb said:
Security that comes from stable family structure.

I like your comment - security and stability is something I think everyone strives for. A sense of peace and comfort can come from such a family environment I would think.

I feel so conflicted between possibilities of what polygyny has to offer and the teachings I have grown up with.

Heaven on Earth....

...we would be able to see Christ's love for each one of his disciples (brides of Christ) over and over again....

Children are adjusted and see how others are to be treated
Children have a great deal of compassion
Parents have shared responsibility as opposed to mothers being the main and only source of support for the children
Children are able to have more than one or two close bonds with others.

Families would have a strong support system.
There would never be a moment where a child hungers for attention and love.
Knowledge and understanding of one anothers feelings are not only accepted, but understood!

More children will have a mother and father. More ladies can be mothers. More fathers remain fathers. More love. What part of more does not society understand. Most of it, sadly.

Historical polygamy also had the father usually having a role in the giving of his daughter in marriage. This doesn't sit well with the Egalitarians of this present age.

Back