• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Infants of righteousness

NVIII

Seasoned Member
Male
A friend passed this to me and asked for my opinion. To be frank, I was flabbergasted by what I read. I had no idea these thought patterns existed. It's definitely a level up (or down?) from any Catholic doctrine I've encountered before. There's so much wrong, but it's stacked and intertwined. It's like an alternate reality. I don't know where to start in a way that would lead someone out of this mire. How would you answer this? Is answering it directly even the right approach?

Here's the subject matter:
1000006523.jpg
1000006522.jpg
And, for reference, it was given in answer to this:
1000006521.jpg
Please don't mind the errors in that "for reference" unless it's critical for rebutting the answer that was given.

Thanks.

So it would confuse the ancient Israelites to reveal the trinity, but it doesn't confuse them about this alleged sin of polygamy that YHWH describes Himself as married to two sisters?

This wannabe teaching is the real babbling!

He said He hates divorce, describes Himself as having two wives, and they want to lump them together??

Every one of your righteous statutes endures forever....means nothing was tolerated.

The problem with this theory is that nothing in the Scripture ever says what they want it to say.
The whole teaching is that it is inferred, not stated.

Every one of your righteous statutes endures forever....means nothing was tolerated.
Yes, I guess that it has to be tolerated again in the end times (Is. 4:1) because, reasons?

A friend passed this to me and asked for my opinion. To be frank, I was flabbergasted by what I read. I had no idea these thought patterns existed. It's definitely a level up (or down?) from any Catholic doctrine I've encountered before. There's so much wrong, but it's stacked and intertwined. It's like an alternate reality. I don't know where to start in a way that would lead someone out of this mire. How would you answer this? Is answering it directly even the right approach?

View attachment 5361
View attachment 5362
View attachment 5363
Please don't mind the errors in that "for reference" unless it's critical for rebutting the answer that was given.

Thanks.
I am reminded of playing baseball as a kid- OK dude, it's your ball, you can call out the rules as you want. If I don't like it I can walk.

If the Pope can just call up God on his Red Phone and tell 'im what He got wrong TODAY, then what difference does it make WHAT the Bible actually once said? It's all "done away with" anyway, like water under the bridge.

Tell those Bud Lite drinkers not to worry their li'l infant heads with the details.

I'm with you guys. That train of though is so far off the rails I don't know how to get it back on the tracks. I was hoping, however, that someone with a little more mental prowess or experience dealing with Catholics would know a way to minister in this instance.

The friend who sent it to me was raised Catholic and had just been saying earlier that he was beginning to have his eyes opened about Catholicism and has been having heated debates with his father, who is staunchly Catholic and who he has been close to his whole life. He has also discovered this site and has been asking honest questions and reading a lot.

I'm with you guys. That train of though is so far off the rails I don't know how to get it back on the tracks. I was hoping, however, that someone with a little more mental prowess or experience dealing with Catholics would know a way to minister in this instance.

The friend who sent it to me was raised Catholic and had just been saying earlier that he was beginning to have his eyes opened about Catholicism and has been having heated debates with his father, who is staunchly Catholic and who he has been close to his whole life. He has also discovered this site and has been asking honest questions and reading a lot.

You start your understanding of Catholicism by first acknowledging that it is a classic cult led by a nominally charismatic leader. Its followers are not all irrational in their beliefs but many of the ardent followers are.

Theirs is a set of Christian beliefs that were set against the backdrop of pagan Roman beliefs in order to make Roman Catholicism palatable to the pagan Roman mind.

Pagan Romans believed in a panoply of gods where each god had specific duties and they were necessary because the head of the Roman gods, Jupiter, was too lame to do everything on his own. So he needed a big honking bureaucracy to manage everything.

And the Roman Catholic Church is then ordered much the same way with a set of beliefs in demigods called Saints and Angels who do all of the things that their god apparently can't do on his own plus they have a big honking bureaucracy to help their infallible demigod/charismatic leader called The Pope do his job.

The Romans had small gods and so do the Catholics.

The first thing to do with a Catholic is to ask them if they accept the idea that the God of Abraham was sufficient in all things.

If they say yes then start from there and say that they can pray directly to God without intercession from the patron saint of whatever they're praying about. Build on that.

If they say no, that God needs help then tell them they're worshipping the wrong god.

Maybe you won't make any progress with this person but you will have planted a seed and perhaps someone else will say some of what you said and the Catholic will consider it on the second hearing.

The first thing to do with a Catholic is to ask them if they accept the idea that the God of Abraham was sufficient in all things.

If they say yes then start from there and say that they can pray directly to God without intercession from the patron saint of whatever they're praying about. Build on that.

If they say no, that God needs help then tell them they're worshipping the wrong god.
That seems a good starting point!

I was hoping, however, that someone with a little more mental prowess or experience dealing with Catholics would know a way to minister in this instance.
I was being a bit sarcastic, but not really kidding.

If the Pope is "infallible," the 'vicar of christ,' and literally can rewrite Scripture under the right jiujitsu (or whatever) - what the Bible says truly is immaterial. (There was a period of about a thousand years where mere posession of a Bible by "laity" was a capital crime; good ole Gutenberg ruined that...)

Pope Satan recently reaffirmed the 'doctrine' that laity can't even INTERPRET the Bible correctly for themselves; gotta have a 'priest' to do it for you.

Any 'good catholic' can tell you the twisted verses (and ignore the rest) - Peter is the 'first pope' ("on this rock" - trouble is...) and so on. Monogamania is a modern corollary: if "there can be only one" true 'bride of christ' - then guess who gets to make the call?

I do NOT try to argue Scripture with a catholic. They have a different primary postulate, and it is NOT the 'primacy' of His Word. Much less, as Written.

IF, however, they start to question - I go to Bereshiet; the Beginning. And build, line by line, precept by precept. (PS: it ends with Torah, and a true Messiah who didn't change ANY of His own Word. Without that, you can't win a debate about it being 'changed.')

They have a different primary postulate, and it is NOT the 'primacy' of His Word. Much less, as Written.
Maybe that's why it seemed like an alternate reality and impossible to answer directly. Apparently I have only ever seen the surface of Catholicism.
IF, however, they start to question - I go to Bereshiet; the Beginning. And build, line by line, precept by precept.
That makes a lot of sense. Ironically, the emerging Catholic is the infant. I think it will nag him to some degree not having an rebuttal to what he read, but maybe it's not answerable and just needs to be walked away from in faith.

If y'all don't mind, would you pray for him? God has been working in him lately and he has been changing and growing rapidly in faith.

View attachment 5361
View attachment 5362
View attachment 5363

Thanks.
I was raised Roman Catholic and so was my second wife. My first wife was raised Methodist but not saved until possibly only a little before we were married. The change for each of us was grounded in the authority of Scripture. Through various circumstances and events we each came to understand the absolute authority or God's Word. I would recommend starting there; establish the Word of God as God breathed and absolutely authoritative in all things - including marriage. Trying to debate that mumbo-jumbo diatribe above without any rock solid foundation will be difficult or probably impossible. Be encouraged though, God has saved some of us out of the RC religion in the past, so He may well do so for your friend. Shalom

View attachment 5361
View attachment 5362
View attachment 5363

Thanks.
How would you answer this? Is answering it directly even the right approach?
I know that responding to every demonstration of foolishness can be great sport, and those who know me know I don't shy away from addressing the polygynelephant in the room, but I'm also certain that many such arguments are better left avoided, and this is a great example.

I wouldn't bother, any more than I would bother attempting to change the mind of someone who vigorously argues that masks work or that Wuhan Flu was anything other than the Great Obedience Test psy op that it was. To me, it matters little who is right and who is wrong. I generally avoid evangelism but rarely shrink from an opportunity to witness.

I suspect I'd just say something like, "Wow; you and I see this really differently, but I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, because in any discussion about polygyny, I'm much closer to believing it just might be an imperative from our LORD than I am to believe it's just something our LORD, the Sovereign Ruler of All Creation, was just forced to tolerate." And any attempt to argue further would be met by me with, "I would love to set up an appointment to discuss this with vigor at a later time when both of us can treat the discussion with respect, but I have too much respect for you to just criticize the hell out of what this essay asserts."
The whole teaching is that it is inferred, not stated.
Excellent point, Zen Trucker. It's also not even implied but just inferred, which is to say it was manufactured in someone's mind. This is in opposition to passages like Exodus 21:10, which, to be fair, doesn't say, "Dudes, you can have more than one wife if you want," but His Word describing how one is to behave when one has more than one wife at a time, combined with the absence of a clear or even implied prohibition, most certainly implies the legitimacy of polygyny.
I was hoping, however, that someone with a little more experience dealing with Catholics would know a way to minister in this instance.
The problem is that butting heads with Catholicism is the figurative equivalent of banging one's head against the wall. From its Constantinian inception, Catholicism (and this goes for all of its Catholic-Lite offshoots in Protestant and evangelical Christendom) promotes teachings that are fruit of the poison tree flowering as a result of very purposeful mistranslations of original-language documents by the Latin Vulgate and King James versions. These 'churches' have weaponized the demonization of sexuality for so long that they're master manipulators, and their pew-filling literally depends on keeping people thinking that piety as they define it is the best ticket to Heaven.
Theirs is a set of Christian beliefs that were set against the backdrop of pagan Roman beliefs in order to make Roman Catholicism palatable to the pagan Roman mind.
This is partially true but only in the larger context of making paganism palatable to the Christian mind -- and, when not palatable, terrifying enough to scare them into tithing and other forms of obedience.

I know I'll tread on some toes here, but it's often the case that, as non-Catholics, we can be very guilty of failing to recognize just how much of our accepted dogma did not pre-date Constantinian Catholicism and instead originated with the Catholic Church. Examples:
  • With just some tinkering around the edges, we accept the Canon as it was defined by the Roman Church.
  • The doctrine of the Trinity.
  • Reverence or veneration of Yeshua's mother. Just the combination of worshiping Mary (considering her to be an intercessory between us and God) and the Trinity establishes a regime of multiple gods.
  • Forbidding polygyny, which was first prohibited for priests prior to their being required to be celibate.
  • Celebrations of Easter, Hallowe'en [or All Hallowed Evening, the day prior to All Saints Day -- saints treated as minor gods) and even Christmas (fetishizing our Lord's birth as part of venerating His mother -- plus shifting it from the spring timing of the census in order to correspond with the preexisting pagan practice of considering the Winter Solstice to be a holy day).
  • Original Sin (Augustine, a man who slept with his mother until death did them part).
  • Even eternal conscious torment (aka Hell), a concept not introduced into Christianity until the era of Constantine and the Early Church Fathers, cemented by its introduction into Scripture through the Vulgate.
If the Pope is "infallible," the 'vicar of christ,' and literally can rewrite Scripture under the right jiujitsu (or whatever) - what the Bible says truly is immaterial. (There was a period of about a thousand years where mere possession of a Bible by "laity" was a capital crime; good ole Gutenberg ruined that...)
Spot on, @Mark C. To this date, there are only a handful of Catholic Bible versions, because, while all others started reading one translation after another following Gutenberg, it wasn't until Vatican II in the 1960s that the prohibition against Catholics reading Scripture for themselves was lifted -- and up until that time it was only read in Latin in most Catholic churches. I lived my first 8 years of school in a town that was 70% Roman Catholic back in the early-to-mid 60s, and I never saw Bibles in the homes of my Catholic friends.
maybe it's not answerable and just needs to be walked away from in faith.
My intuition is that that is wise.
IF, however, they start to question - I go to Bereshiet; the Beginning.
More wisdom. To stumble around on the outskirts of Scripture is a recipe for failure, because it will at best be a foundation built on sand.

I wouldn't bother, any more than I would bother attempting to change the mind of someone who vigorously argues that masks work or that Wuhan Flu was anything other than the Great Obedience Test psy op that it was.
Loved this.
But it got better... :)
From its Constantinian inception, Catholicism (and this goes for all of its Catholic-Lite offshoots in Protestant and evangelical Christendom) promotes teachings that are fruit of the poison tree flowering as a result of very purposeful mistranslations of original-language documents by the Latin Vulgate and King James versions. These 'churches' have weaponized the demonization of sexuality for so long that they're master manipulators, and their pew-filling literally depends on keeping people thinking that piety as they define it is the best ticket to Heaven.
Kudos. Even a partial list of the pagan "additions to..."

All you left out is the Jeremiah 3/Ezekiel 23 proof of the term "whore church"... ;)

View attachment 5361
View attachment 5362
View attachment 5363

Thanks.
The "meat"-Solomon known as the wisest man.....
The " milk''- with the track record of the catholic church in instances , forbidding marriage yet Nuns are impregnated by Priest to later abort babies to hide the evidence. Thousands of adults, both male and female, claiming being molested in their youth by these men of the cloth and sometimes by the Nuns as well. Surely theologically speaking , Catholics have more pressing concerns to ponder on than this matter above.

2 Samuel 12:8 this scripture here may be a helpful discussion and reminder to your friend.

You start your understanding of Catholicism by first acknowledging that it is a classic cult led by a nominally charismatic leader. Its followers are not all irrational in their beliefs but many of the ardent followers are.

Pagan Romans believed in a panoply of gods where each god had specific duties and they were necessary because the head of the Roman gods, Jupiter, was too lame to do everything on his own. So he needed a big honking bureaucracy to manage everything.

And the Roman Catholic Church is then ordered much the same way with a set of beliefs in demigods called Saints and Angels who do all of the things that their god apparently can't do on his own plus they have a big honking bureaucracy to help their infallible demigod/charismatic leader called The Pope do his job.

The Romans had small gods and so do the Catholics.

Maybe you won't make any progress with this person but you will have planted a seed and perhaps someone else will say some of what you said and the Catholic will consider it on the second hearing.
well said indeed

I know I'll tread on some toes here, but it's often the case that, as non-Catholics, we can be very guilty of failing to recognize just how much of our accepted dogma did not pre-date Constantinian Catholicism and instead originated with the Catholic Church. Examples...
And as I mentioned above, about the most important example Keith may have left out in that list "...is the Jeremiah 3/Ezekiel 23 proof of the term 'whore church'..."

...and, as it turns out, one of THE major 'proof texts' that explains how the Big Lie was set up, and is still promulgated.

Coincidentally ;) - that was the subject of the regular "annual cycle" Torah reading and study for this week, which I posted 'in the ghetto' --
for those who dare. :confused:

And as I mentioned above, about the most important example Keith may have left out in that list "...is the Jeremiah 3/Ezekiel 23 proof of the term 'whore church'..."

...and, as it turns out, one of THE major 'proof texts' that explains how the Big Lie was set up, and is still promulgated.

Coincidentally ;) - that was the subject of the regular "annual cycle" Torah reading and study for this week, which I posted 'in the ghetto' --
for those who dare. :confused:

On This Day, I do indeed Choose Life.

Thanks for the reminder, brother.

Back