• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Insight From Second Wives and So On

Cheri Q.

Real Person
Female
Hi ladies! I've heard a lot from 1st wives about the emotions and thoughts that come with the pursuit of adding a wife to your family. I'm wondering if any second or so wives could share some insight about what you went through in the very beginning of meeting your husband and family. When and how did you fall in love with him? What struggles did you face while you were getting to know your SW(s)? How did you feel spiritually as you went through the process and what is life like for you now that you are married to your husband and part of his family?

Feel free to inbox me a message if you'd rather not post here :)

Dear couples seeking a 2nd wife, I want to encourage you both to take your time in making this very serious commitment. It is our belief that once consummated, this covenant cannot be undone. It’s a covenant with God. So be as cautious as you are able, to not rush the process. The wife and wife (to be) need to have full understanding of the seriousness of this step.
The success of such an endeavor has a great deal to do with the relationship the women are able to form with one another. With the right heart, you should be able to form a very close sisterhood when each wife knows for certain the other has her back and is willing to work out any and all differences with consideration and honor.
Mariechen and I have had many times of struggle over our years together, but we always knew that there was no running away from our differences or marriages. Running away can NEVER be an option. Learning to work together IS the only solution. It stretches you at times, but that is the goal…it forces each of us to transform into the godly woman our Heavenly Father wants. We are committed to each other and closer to one another than our birth sisters. It can be a beautiful thing.
I want all of you to feel free to contact us if “snags” come up…and there will be those. This will be a time of maturing beyond jealousies and petty differences. Believe me it can be awesome when done with prayer, cooperation, love, and a strong male leader who holds the bonds together.
I send my prayers to you all and encourage you to attend any and all retreat gatherings. We all grow at these…and learn much about ourselves.
So welcome to our group. And may Our Lord lead you in your endeavor.  <3

Written by Jan Higgins

I am interested in following this thread. We are new here on this forum and relatively new as a couple. We agreed to be in a covenant relationship knowing full well my husband's vision and intent to pursue a Biblical plural marriage. I know he will protect our marriage from women who have serious issues with jealousy and strife--one relationship was getting fairly serious when she simply could not agree with the plural marriage and even has blocked me on social media sites. H immediately cut that tie and was always in communication with me.

Pray for us as another potential sister wife has come into the picture. Pray for me to know how to get to know her better and to adjust to not being the only one again. I fully support this concept and am blessed to be with my husband.

Back