• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Intrigued by plural marriage

Michelle

Hi all...this is my first time on here...I found this site because I searched for it...I am very intrigued by the idea of plural marriage and having sister wives. But probably not the "right" reasons..I am not overly religious whatsoever...I just think this would be a good lifestyle choice for me.
Tell me, is there room for someone like me in this lifestyle?

I guess I should expand on my reasons for feeling this is a good fit for me...First off, I am not a jealous person whatsoever...I would have no problem with my husband having other wives...Second, I actually prefer some alone time..sleeping and waking up alone SOMETIMES is a total plus for me and 3rd, I cannot have children, and although it has never really been a huge thing for me, I wouldnt mind having children in my family..In fact, I would welcome it.

Hi Michelle. Welcome to Biblical Families. Of course there is room for you. I think it is good to be inclusive not exclusive. Anyhow, who knows where this open door might lead to in both your physical and spiritual life? Ask lots of questions, and remember there are a diversity of views here. ylop.

PS I think the concept of plural marriage for someone who cannot have children but likes kids is such a natural fit and good.

Michelle said:
Hi all...this is my first time on here...I found this site because I searched for it...I am very intrigued by the idea of plural marriage and having sister wives. But probably not the "right" reasons..I am not overly religious whatsoever...I just think this would be a good lifestyle choice for me.
Tell me, is there room for someone like me in this lifestyle?

Hi Michelle and welcome to the forum.

My opinion is that you don't have to be real religious to be in polygamy any more than you would for monogamy. Both are forms of relationship that can be engaged in for love, commitment, and wanting to start and raise a family, or any number of other reasons. If you're a Christian, then it's likely that the standards you're using to live in monogamy would not be much different than the standards that you'd use for polygamy.

Welcome Michelle! I am glad you found us. There are many great ladies on this site. I hope you will try and get to know them. We have a ladies chat on Tuesday nights, 7:30 PM EST. The link to it is at the top of the forums list. You will need JAVA for it. It's a free download. We would love to have you chat with us.

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

Blessings,
Julieb

Michelle said:
I guess I should expand on my reasons for feeling this is a good fit for me...First off, I am not a jealous person whatsoever...I would have no problem with my husband having other wives...Second, I actually prefer some alone time..sleeping and waking up alone SOMETIMES is a total plus for me and 3rd, I cannot have children, and although it has never really been a huge thing for me, I wouldnt mind having children in my family..In fact, I would welcome it.

Hi, God bless you!
I think this would be a good fit for you, too. How old are you?
If you can live without vices, and are hard working, you would be a good addition to a family. A family with many incomes is stronger financially than a family with just the husband's income. Also, you can find love. Meaning, the guys in the world are not steady, many want a relationship only for a while and then they dump you when they get bored. Instead, if you find a good man here, you can be together for life, and that is much more intimate, than if guys only have you for a time.

" God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land."

(Psalm 68:6)

Back