• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Intro from NVIII's wife

NVIII's Babe

Female
My husband gave me the green light to join the forum here. I'm here mainly because I like to read what he writes and joining allows me to easily follow his posts. I may participate in my own capacity at some point, but I'm just lurking for now.

I'm @NVIII 's first wife. For background related to the purpose of this site, we've had an up-and-down journey with polygyny thus far. We are almost at the halfway point of being polygynous for half of our married life. I did not step into polygyny or the path to it willingly, but my understanding has grown along with my faith and trust in God, in ways I could not have previously predicted. I am still growing in faith in this particular area every day, battling the culture I was raised in, the traditions of men, the sinful even if natural emotions of women. Maybe someday I'd be up for sharing the earlier days of that journey here, but it was a dark time for me that I don't like to revisit.

I was not raised as a Christian. I came to a saving faith in Christ when my husband shared the Gospel message with me before we were even really "dating". I don't pretend to be a Bible scholar, but I read God's Word and I believe Him, and I try to obey Him. Being from a family broken by divorce, I didn't really know what I was getting into when I said, "I do." I didn't know how to be a wife, much less a good one. I only knew that this man was living a life I wanted to be beside him in, and I knew I wanted to be there forever. I am still learning all the time about how to be a better wife, and I hope to never stop learning and improving.

More broadly about me: I have five children aged almost 1 to 9 years old, and two miscarried babies I pray I get to meet after this earthly life is done. I've had a wide variety of birth and infant-rearing experiences, and I'm always delighted to "talk babies" with anyone. 🤭 I had the first four within a five-year span, so I have some experience with being in the trenches of baby and toddler hood! I homeschool them, which means the children and I are together nearly 24/7, and I am blessed to be a witness to most of their growth and lightbulb moments . I do a lot of cooking and take pride in how I've "leveled up" in that skill set. I am a mostly reformed picky eater. 😅 I do several types of handwork - knit, crochet, sew, quilt, embroider, cross-stitch. Right now, I'm working on hand-piecing a quilt. I read a little, mostly non-fiction, particularly biographies of US presidents. I love to grow things! Vegetables, herbs, flowers, it's all fun and exciting to me. I grew up in a city and love being a country wife now. 🥰 I've been a housewife pretty much all our married lives, once I finished college. Being a housewife without children in this day and age was an eye-opening experience.

I really enjoy teaching others and sharing what I know and have learned with other people. I could talk for days about cloth diapers and homeschool and growing tomatoes and all the rest. (Let's be honest, I could talk for days about almost anything!)

Welcome
Great intro!

Welcome! So glad you introduced yourself. I hope you find some good things here.

Welcome! :) I look forward to getting to know you.

Shalom and welcome

Thank you for a lovely introduction!
Your honesty and interspection is refreshing.

I hope you enjoy being here...and I look forward to getting to know you better! :)

Hi! So great to hear your story! I am super new to this polygyny lifestyle (only about 2 to 3 months) and it’s already been an interesting journey. We also have five children and I love talking babies and growing things too. I look forward to chatting with you more.

Back