• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Introducing Myself

James Edwards

I’m James, married with one wife and two kids, living in Wales, UK.

I am an accounts associate who recently started trading.

Hobbies include reading, developing skills on platforms like skillshare, martial arts (working towards blackbelt number 2), retro gaming, working out, basketball and have been wanting to learn to surf for a while.

I value simplicity and interested in the digital nomad lifestyle as well as polygyny.

How did I accept polygyny?

Polygyny first cropped up in a morning bible study, run by my father in law, where a pro polygyny verse popped up in the Torah portion of the reading. Despite all efforts to dismiss this by the group, including myself, the nonconformist inside me was rather intrigued and started researching further. My wife passionately joined in the research, looking into what the scriptures taught. Despite my theological training stating otherwise, we eventually came to the viewpoint that polygyny was biblical. This raised further questions as to what do you do with that truth.

Hoping to…

Hoping to network with likeminded people and particularly anyone in the uk to understand the more practical side of polygyny.

Welcome to the party

There are a fist full of us with practical experience with respect to the nuts and bolts practical aspects of plural marriage who would be happy to answer questions if you have them.

Presuming that you manage the feat of plural marriage, also presuing that all parties are acting in good faith...I think you will find it far less complex and far more normal than most seem to assume. Mainly because it is natural and way easier to slot into if one allows oneself

Shalom and welcome

Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome! I hope you find some UK connections here.

Shalom and welcome.

Welcome. I wonder how your father in law feels about his contribution to the discovery. This is great that your wife observed this truth together. It is certainly a blessing to be thankful for.

Well, when I stumbled across the biblical families website I sent the link to him regarding the pro polygyny arguments. I asked if he would be interested in looking into them and testing them with scripture. He wasn’t thrilled to say the least, but stated that it was a provision for times of war.

However, had I studied polygyny with him am not sure how involved my wife would have been with the journey.

Back