• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Introduction - MarkH from west central Indiana

You won't find such a denomination, and I would not suggest starting one for the primary purpose of being plural marriage friendly....

If you gather together a load of people who agree on polygamy, as we do here, you'll find they disagree on almost everything else (e.g. Torah). Even this Biblical Families ministry could not found a denomination...
Very good, Samuel.

Until here, where I will suggest that instead, He says, "Come out of her, My people..."

I would suggest instead continuing to live in your local churches, whatever denomination they may be, in order to maintain fellowship with other local believers.
And then there's that thing Paul said in II Corinthians 6:14...

You can 'fellowship' with people without having to submit yourself to 'doctrines of demons,' 'itching ears,' and all kinds of other things that corrupt good company.

Come out, build a REAL alternative, and show them what actual fruit looks like.

Until here, where I will suggest that instead, He says, "Come out of her, My people..."
And there we're straight back to the fact that we all disagree on things, because that all depends what you take "her" to mean in that passage, and what you take "come out" to mean, and we could have an endless discussion on whether it means what you personally profess! Obviously however, it would be a good idea for @MarkH to look at the material you have published on the subject and come to his own conclusion on the matter. You have some good points. On the other hand, you may go too far and throw the baby out with the bathwater. Everyone should consider it though.

Yeah, I've been around a while. I've been in ministry for almost 30 years, and have a ThM and an MBA. I know how to do research.

You can 'fellowship' with people without having to submit yourself to 'doctrines of demons,' 'itching ears,' and all kinds of other things that corrupt good company.
You can also fellowship with people without being face to face or holding hands or breaking bread or breathing the same air. This right here is fellowship of believers. We are a scattered people, and it is a gift to be able to find kindred spirits through this way. Souls communicating through keyboards and touchscreens same as by voice, either way having its own pros and cons, but both ultimately achieving the same thing, and that is building eachother up in the faith. What else is the point of the fellowship of believers but to feed His sheep? I would challenge anyone who feels lost without a "church" to attend to ask themselves ye ol' "why" question.

You can also fellowship with people without being face to face or holding hands or breaking bread or breathing the same air. This right here is fellowship of believers. We are a scattered people, and it is a gift to be able to find kindred spirits through this way. Souls communicating through keyboards and touchscreens same as by voice, either way having its own pros and cons, but both ultimately achieving the same thing, and that is building eachother up in the faith. What else is the point of the fellowship of believers but to feed His sheep? I would challenge anyone who feels lost without a "church" to attend to ask themselves ye ol' "why" question.
Living Christianity is not just about learning theological facts and giving each other advice. It is also about helping people practically - feeding the hungry, clothing the naked and all that - which you cannot do with a keyboard. Local fellowship gives you the connections with real people who will actually be able to turn up with a hot meal when you're sick, and vice versa.

Remote fellowship is great too, but it does not entirely substitute for local fellowship, the need for a local church of some form.

Living Christianity is not just about learning theological facts and giving each other advice. It is also about helping people practically - feeding the hungry, clothing the naked and all that - which you cannot do with a keyboard. Local fellowship gives you the connections with real people who will actually be able to turn up with a hot meal when you're sick, and vice versa.

Remote fellowship is great too, but it does not entirely substitute for local fellowship, the need for a local church of some form.
Acts of love, physical service to our fellow man, does not require a body of believers, but just yourself, filled by the Spirit. We are surrounded by people who we can serve and in so doing be a witness to them of the love of God. And we should. So, I agree with your first paragraph. In fact, Jesus admonished those who only did good things to those who did good things back to them. But all of that is beside the point of "do not neglect the fellowship of believers", which is often the 2x4 used to both browbeat absent members and prop up the concept of the regular amassing of Sunday club members in a temple built by human hands, which is to say "going to church", and so sits completely off to the side of what I was saying.

But then your second paragraph attempts to shoehorn the first one into a conclusion that we need that local "church" in order to achieve it. I cannot agree with that. The reason why believers have a special need for fellowship amongst eachother has nothing to do with "feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, and all that" because those afflictions are not unique to us, nor are we the only ones who can treat them. The reason why we specifically should fellowship with eachother specifically is because of something unique to us that sets us appart from other people and can benefit from mutual support. I'll let you fill in the blank. It should be clear now. And the reason the wording is cautionary to not neglect it, rather than setting out times and seasons to do it, is that it isn't supposed to be religious attendance. It's supposed to be whenever and wherever and however it is needed. Judge for yourself what Christian fellowship looked and looks like when you strip away the sugary top layer of State-sanctioned organized religion. See the form it takes when it's been humbled and refined by fire. It's irregular, prone to persecution, not idolized, and precious wherever you can find it. That is the basis of the fellowship of believers. All else is fluff that quickly becomes idolatry.

"Lost" seems a bit dramatic; however, if you don't miss your church, they were doing something wrong.

You can't reach or feed the homeless from the comfort of your home or behind your screen.

The elderly are not tech-savvy; they look to the church for in-person comfort.

It's impossible to help others with household chores or yard work virtually. You can't drop off a warm meal or clothes, give a hug, or play a card game through your laptop or phone.

Youth groups and activities are also a fantastic outlet for children and teenagers.

And the music, goodness, I miss the music, though that's easier to replace than the others.

Last edited:
@NVIII I never even said we must attend Sunday morning services, let alone much of the rest that you objected to in your post. Just that there is value in in-person contact which cannot be fully substituted with online. I think that is so obvious it should go without saying.

I get the feeling that you have had a particularly traumatic experience with a local church and have emotionally swung to the opposite extreme as a result.

Mark from west central Indiana

Greetings. I’m a clergyman contractor providing religious services for the Bureau of Prisons for the last seventeen years. My official title is Spiritual Guide in a Faith-Based Life Skills Program. I have one wife who hasn’t yet studied the biblical principles surrounding biblical plural marriage. I have a heart tug for families in plural marriage and specifically the church’s response to these. I’m actively searching for denominations and independent churches that are evangelical plural marriage friendly. If you have links to resources, please let me know.
welcome to the group buddy what part of Indiana do you live we actually are in Union City Indiana not too far from Richmond

@NVIII I never even said we must attend Sunday morning services, let alone much of the rest that you objected to in your post. Just that there is value in in-person contact which cannot be fully substituted with online. I think that is so obvious it should go without saying.

I get the feeling that you have had a particularly traumatic experience with a local church and have emotionally swung to the opposite extreme as a result.
Nah, you missed my point. But, looking back over your post, I'm starting to think I could have missed yours, too. Are you using "fellowship" as a noun and not a verb?

Nah, you missed my point. But, looking back over your post, I'm starting to think I could have missed yours, too. Are you using "fellowship" as a noun and not a verb?
Both, I suppose. Your "local fellowship" is the specific group of Christians you most associate with locally, while "fellowship" is what you do with both them and others online. Not sure how this helps clarify anything but maybe it does?

Greetings. I’m a clergyman contractor providing religious services for the Bureau of Prisons for the last seventeen years. My official title is Spiritual Guide in a Faith-Based Life Skills Program. I have one wife who hasn’t yet studied the biblical principles surrounding biblical plural marriage. I have a heart tug for families in plural marriage and specifically the church’s response to these. I’m actively searching for denominations and independent churches that are evangelical plural marriage friendly. If you have links to resources, please let me know.
Welcome! I'd like to know if you find any churches that support polygyny.

Welcome

Until you find congregation that minsters to you, you may want to watch the following services if you can tolerate occasional monogamy only position. The preaching from their services have ministered to my soul. Uncompromising and encouraging at the same time.

First, thank you for thinking of me and providing the link to the message. However, I'm a Chuck Smith style of preacher and learner. The above style doesn't resonate with me at all. Everyone in suits, the men seated behind the preacher, and his style of delivery just doesn't work for me. Of course, I'm a prison chaplain and have worked in motorcycle ministry and such. So, I'm a bit less polish and showmanship.

And one doesn't have to limit oneself to only one ekklesia. I, too, consider this to be one, but the fact that it has limitations due to connection-by-keyboard doesn't negate its value, because any human set of interactions will have numerous limitations. As far as meat space goes, I consider everyone I meet in person to be either fellow members of the Body of Christ or future members of That Body, so opportunities to participate in fellowship sans keyboard are all around me.

Back