• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Introductions

Lanora115

Real Person
Female
I couldn't help but notice that some of the 25 and under, haven't posted a introduction (what ever their reasons may be) so starting this thread made sense to me.

My parents have been a member of this site for years (that's not a exaggeration)
This is kinda of our "church" if you will.

My name is Lanora.
I'm from a big family with 9 kids.
Live on a farm, with animals and a garden. We raise as much food as possible.

I love to go horse back riding, and over night camp trips, I like camping in general.
I love the outdoors, but spend most of my time indoors.

A hobby I didn't mention in the other thread was, I love to dance!
Contra dancing, Irish step dance some Ballroom (not very much though) and would like to learn some country western line dancing.

To be blunt and upfront, and save people from wasting their time,
I am very much marriage minded,
but I am not interested in an online courtship.

I'm here for fellowship, and to make friends and get to know people. :)

I think I've posted an introduction already, but I'll do an update!

I'm Lili. I'm 24 years old, and I'm a wife, mother, homemaker, and hopefully soon will again be a student of nursing. Maybe nursing... we'll see! ;)

I love reading, music, and video games (though I rarely get the opportunity to play music OR video games). I enjoy running. I love dogs. I had chickens as a child, and one day I'd love to have chickens again as pets and egg makers.

My greatest joy is my son. He was born late last year, and he is growing so fast. Big and strong and adventurous, just like his father! Smiley and energetic and cuddly, just like me!

I was married young, but at the same time as I am growing up (becoming a mother kicks your butt into gear, that's for sure!) I'm rediscovering the simple joys of my 20s.

I’m Anna. I’m 25 and a new member of this site! I've managed to stay unmarried thus far but I do long to be a wife, helpmeet and mother! It’s hard to find good men these days. I must not he looking hard enough!

I recently made the decision to go back to school to finish up my degree because I felt I was honestly just wasting my life working to pay the bills. So now I’m happily in my senior year and a step closer to financial independence. (Paying off my loans with a well paying job so I’m not a financial burden when I do get married some day)

Anyway, It would be nice to meet some new ladies to be friends with and share encouragement with. :)

I’m Anna. I’m 25 and a new member of this site! I've managed to stay unmarried thus far but I do long to be a wife, helpmeet and mother! It’s hard to find good men these days. I must not he looking hard enough!

I recently made the decision to go back to school to finish up my degree because I felt I was honestly just wasting my life working to pay the bills. So now I’m happily in my senior year and a step closer to financial independence. (Paying off my loans with a well paying job so I’m not a financial burden when I do get married some day)

Anyway, It would be nice to meet some new ladies to be friends with and share encouragement with. :)

Welcome!
I'm so glad your here =)

I can understand that "it's hard to find good guys" my brothers have set a high bar for me.

I hope you found the ladies chat, it's Monday evenings (I forget them quite often)
If you don't mind me asking...how did you happen to find the site? Or get interested in this lifestyle?

I actually saw a screenshot of a list someone here had made of ideal qualities in a woman and when I went to find the website I realized it was about plural marriage! When all those new internet laws came out I thought they had all been shut down as I had previously enjoyed being part of the forthefamily website.

What’s up!

I’m Stephanie, I’m 23, I live in Kentucky.

I’ve been on here for a year or so. I have never made it to a retreat, I would love so much to one day.

I enjoy hanging out, going on bike rides, riding horses and just conversing.

Glad to meet you guys! My inbox is always open for conversations about anything.

Hello everyone! It's nice to meet y'all!
My name is Gunnar. I'm 22 years old and live in the great state of SC. This is actually my first post on the forum. My dad has talked about it for so long and now I've decided to take the leap and join.
I'm the oldest of 4 boys, live on a farm with chickens. We used to have goats, but have since downsized. We had 2 steers but now they're now in the freezer (and they are delicious).
I enjoy meeting new people, listening to music, hanging out with friends, playing the piano, reading books and research articles and journals on health/healthy living.
I'm a registered nurse at a local hospital and am currently working on my Masters for nurse practitioner. I have an unquenchable passion and love for helping people, educating the public on healthy living and promoting wellness and disease prevention. My goal is to be a community nurse practitioner that emphasizes on wellness and disease prevention through diet, specific nutrition, and herbal medicine (very similar to functional and integrative medicine).
I'm a very open person and love listening to people's stories and learning from everyone.
Blessings!

What’s up!

I’m Stephanie, I’m 23, I live in Kentucky.

I’ve been on here for a year or so. I have never made it to a retreat, I would love so much to one day.

I enjoy hanging out, going on bike rides, riding horses and just conversing.

Glad to meet you guys! My inbox is always open for conversations about anything.
I'm glad you made it over here =)

Nice meeting you Wesley!
That's cool! I look forward to meeting y'all in person at the retreat.
And my younger brother, JosephR is on here as well as my dad.

Whats up y'all! I remember looking at this section a couple of months back but it was devoid of life.
I dont recall exactly how I found this site but I'm glad I did. I read through Man and Woman in Biblical Law by Tom Shipley which led me to accept the lawfulness of PM. I decided to join this site to build relationships with other believers who believe likewise, since I do not anticipate my church reacting well at all when they find out my new views. =/

Married with a baby on the way! My wife is due in November.

Whats up y'all! I remember looking at this section a couple of months back but it was devoid of life.
I dont recall exactly how I found this site but I'm glad I did. I read through Man and Woman in Biblical Law by Tom Shipley which led me to accept the lawfulness of PM. I decided to join this site to build relationships with other believers who believe likewise, since I do not anticipate my church reacting well at all when they find out my new views. =/

Welcome @Sand Bee, it looks like you too are a Arizonan!
Congrats on the baby, I definitely look forward having my own, although I am currently unmarried.:(
I too was a little reluctant to post here because of the lack of activity, but my sister not so much.:)

My parents talked of PM all through my growing up, so it is something I have known and accepted for as long as I can remember.

I hope you find everything you are looking for in this forum, it's a good place with a lot of good people.

Have a blessed day.

Babies are so exciting!
I'm so happy for you and yours!

We all (us nine kids) were brainwashed from an early age, and were born weird:p

@Sand Bee Is you wife on here?

Welcome @Sand Bee! It's nice to meet you! And congratulations on the newborn! Have y'all found out the gender, or are y'all letting it be a surprise?

Good day I'm Joe's son you all probably know him I'm 17 in October I played football up till last year I enjoy hunting and fishing more than just about anything I am fond of most music and movies I've raised animal most of my life and I look forward to talking with yall

Hey folks,

I'm Curt. My wife and I have been away from BibFam for a long while. We joined back in '15 as starry-eyed twenty year olds, but got pretty well wrapped up in offline life and stopped coming around. My wife is SydneyV, just so you'll know her if she starts posting.

Anyway, now I'm 24 and she's nearly 25, and we have a two daughters (Sigrid just turned 1 last week and Yvette will be 3 in December) and another kid on the way (hoping to get my first boy.) Syd handles the house and girls for me, and I work in construction, mostly painting homes and staining decks.

Over the last few years we've been hopping in and out of all sorts of churches, continually running into systemic rot caused by bad doctrine. We're more or less settling in at our current church--at least, we've been there longer than any other so far, and we're a part of a small group and making some friends--but we are by no means open about the majority of our beliefs with our new friends, and not just pro-poly stuff.

So that's where we go for fellowship and service, but learning has been something we get primarily from the internet and books--or, rather, I get it there and bring her what's worthwhile, along with plenty of my own inner monologue to chew on, and on, and on.

I'm working hard to let go of pride right now. I've been blessed by God in many ways, and I've recently come to see how much I've taken my blessings as my own success and goodness. God has spent nearly a year pummeling my self-esteem down to something resembling humility. I have a long way yet to go, but I'm on a better path than I have been in years, and all of that cascades down to my girls.

Okay, enough of that, here's the lighter stuff. We live in the suburban sprawl around St. Louis. Missouri, though we want to move out into a more rural area and build ourselves and our family a proper home. We want a big family with plenty women and tons of kids, and we want to be able to support the rest of our family and friends. That's not the sort of thing you can realistically house where we live, so we're working toward getting out of here.

Beyond work and childrearing, I love to write--mostly fiction, currently sci-fi--and I'm a chronic critic. I pick apart everything from video games to movies to books to philosophies. There's nothing I won't dissect, and enjoy dissecting.

Contrasting my reserved nature, Sydney is a plucky and outgoing sort. She loves being outside, especially hiking and camping, and she also enjoys singing, drawing, and even writing a bit herself. She's a no-nonsense girl. And dosen't play well with airheads, and as a result her moral standards make it rather hard for her extroverted nature to enjoy all the friendships it craves.

My wife and I have been looking for wife two for a long time and have found a handful of bad options and no good ones.

All I can say is, we're picky.

That said, we both fall into "the unicorn blues" from time to time, and it's nice to read conversation from people who encourage our hopes rather than condemning them.

Last edited:
Back