• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Introductions

Well, for some reason my wife can't post in here, I think maybe her account is too new. She typed up a little bit and wanted me to tag it onto my post.

------

Hello! My name is Sydney. My husband, Curtis, already introduced us, but I had a couple of additions and he felt his post was long enough already. My daughters are the best. Yvette is already clearly very gifted with intelligence and I am so happy to foster that part of her. She is a super sweet little girl too. My second daughter, Sigrid is also a delight. She has Down syndrome, but is in perfect health. I feel so blessed by my girls. They are always teaching me new things about myself and others. A few other things I am interested in are home birth, sustainable living, and holistic health. My girls were born at home and those were the two best days of my life. In no small part, because my husband is the best labor partner I could have ever requested. I'm no guru when it comes to holistic health and sustainability, but I try and I have fun with it. We also have 3 cats and a fish.

Well, the reason I want plural marriage for us is probably much like everyone else. I want a friend that I can mother with and someone who is as big of a fan of my husband as I am. I am Curt's number one supporter and who doesn't need or want a second cheerleader? I just feel like we're as ready as we will ever be to have a second wife and it would bring me so much joy if that woman came into our lives.

I figured out how to post! Huzzah! Curtis already posted what j wanted to say, but I did want to show my face. Here I am and I can't wait to get to know everyone!

I realize I haven't done this yet as I haven't been on here for a while. So here goes.

Hey everyone, my name is Joseph. I am in my 18th year. I'm your normal teen, loves reading, writing, pretty much anything. I have a job as a Cashier/Customer Service rep at a local Grocery store, coming up on my one year anniversary for the job so that's cool. Hmm, what else... I have 3 brothers, one of which is on here, @Gunnar R. I'm the 3rd born, so technically middle child? Nit sure what else to say, if you want to know anything, feel free to ask.

My name is Christopher.
I'm a 23 year old Aussie, who would love to eventually get married.
I like the humanities and practical hobbies. I am 'pro-life' on the issue of abortion, which is one of my core values.

It's good to see there are other young Christians that are simultaneously affirming that plural marriage is in no way condemned in Scripture, and can also serve to help marriages - whether you are the husband; the first wife; or the wife who has married her husband, whom already has a wife or wives.
I believe plural marriage has numerous benefits for both men and women.
Some important benefits are: that it can provide greater security, stability and fellowship within marriages, which I believe is critical in the modern world.
I believe the words of George Cannon, the American Mormon church leader, are relevant here:
Our crime has been: We married women instead of seducing them; we reared children instead of destroying them; we desired to exclude from the land prostitution, bastardy and infanticide.​
Christian plural marriage shouldn't be believed to be a heresy or as 'non-Christian' or 'anti-Christian', nor should it 'replace' monogamy.
I believe PM is great for those husbands whom have boundless, sincere love for more then one woman; and great for wives who have the (correct) fundamentalist view on patriarchy and can accept more then one wife for their husband, and another woman to engage in fellowship with.

May the Lord be with You,
2 Corinthians 3:17 Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Freedom.

Howdy there, noticed this thread was a little empty as of late, and figured I would take the opportunity to introduce myself. (Definitely didn't forget that I made this account almost 2 years ago, and saw my dad scrolling through the forums on an interesting topic and came to lurk. Totally outside the realm of possibilities...:D)

Anywhoodle! My name is Uriah, I am 21 years young. I have a broad variety of interests and passions, but I have a particular love for music and anything of the electronic sort. But what really sparks my interests is anything that goes boom, vroom or nyoom, I'll talk about anything that makes those noises for a loooooooong time.

I am the second born of 4 boys. 2 of them are on here, I think, Gunnar and Joseph. (Hello, my bruddahs. I am here now, you're stuck with me.)

Currently enlisted with the United States Navy as a corpsman, which is basically an entry level nurse with a specialty in trauma medicine. Love what I do, been at it for about 2 years now. Not sure what I want to do after I get out, still have 4 years on my contract, but would love to continue my path in medicine.

So yeah! Peace to you all, and I look forward to lurking some more, and getting to know you guys!

Howdy there, noticed this thread was a little empty as of late, and figured I would take the opportunity to introduce myself. (Definitely didn't forget that I made this account almost 2 years ago, and saw my dad scrolling through the forums on an interesting topic and came to lurk. Totally outside the realm of possibilities...:D)

Anywhoodle! My name is Uriah, I am 21 years young. I have a broad variety of interests and passions, but I have a particular love for music and anything of the electronic sort. But what really sparks my interests is anything that goes boom, vroom or nyoom, I'll talk about anything that makes those noises for a loooooooong time.

I am the second born of 4 boys. 2 of them are on here, I think, Gunnar and Joseph. (Hello, my bruddahs. I am here now, you're stuck with me.)

Currently enlisted with the United States Navy as a corpsman, which is basically an entry level nurse with a specialty in trauma medicine. Love what I do, been at it for about 2 years now. Not sure what I want to do after I get out, still have 4 years on my contract, but would love to continue my path in medicine.

So yeah! Peace to you all, and I look forward to lurking some more, and getting to know you guys!
Welcome! I look forward to meeting you one day! I think I know your brother Gunnar the best.
If you ever want to talk about stuff that goes "boom" or "vroom" I like that stuff too. Just get my number from your brother.;)

Welcome! It's about time you showed up! :-D So glad to see you're on here now.

Back