• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Introductions

sweetlissa

Real Person
Female
Hello,
I am Lissa. I am second wife in a polygamous family. I play the violin, read, sew and exercise. I have lots of interests and I am willing to talk for hours. LOL. Introduce yourself and lets have some fun.

Hi, Lissa. This is Pat or Bikerbabe3 as my user ID states. I ride a Honda Goldwing Trike - hence the three wheels. I enjoy riding and doing prison ministry on my motorcycle. I also quilt, sew for my grandkids and daughters, and enjoy the outdoors. We live in the country so we have lots of animals. 4 horses, 2 dogs, 6 cats that are all outdoors of course. We are not in a multiple marriage yet, but we are open to that if the Lord leads. Right now we do have a lady living with us that is from the church that we attend. She and I have had conversations about plural marriage but she is skeptical of it because of all the media attention.
I work outside the home. My husband and I attended the conference in SC in the fall. We thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and meeting all the new people, and look forward to the next gathering of the like minded. See ya,

Pat,

Great hearing from you. We really enjoyed meeting you at the retreat in Charlotte. Too bad we didn’t get more time so we could get to know everyone better. It was a great experience for us.

I envy you living out in the country and having horses, but I sure don’t envy the work. I have only ridden horseback a couple of times. Once when I was a girl scout I fell off my dinosaur. Most recently, Randy and I rode at the Grand Canyon in September. We hope to go back there sometime for camping/hiking. Theresa isn’t really fond of camping so we may end up doing a hotel and day trips.

I hope that this board inspires lots of talk and lots of friendships. I can’t wait till the next retreat.

Lissa

Hello Ladies,
I want to welcome you to our forum. Please join our group and tell me about yourself. I am dying to get to know all of you.

Lissa

Hi there :)
My name is Jolene and I am a wife and Mom to six. I am married to a wonderful man that believes polygyny is lawful (I agree).
I am happy to have found this site and look forward to meeting other like minded people.
We are country folks and enjoy gardening and keeping livestock like Dairy goats and chickens.
I could write more and some might find my life interesting but I have found when I am busy living there isn't always time to write.
The best of warm wishes to each of you lovely ladies.
Thank you for the fellowship this site affords. Jolene.

:D Jolene,
I have talked to you before on the sisterwives board. Welcome aboard. I am happy that you found us.

So you had baby number 6. When did you have him/her. Is it a him or a her?

Great to hear from you again.

Lissa

Hi! I am so honored to meet all of you! My name is Love...I am a single mom with 3 really neat kids living in the beautiful Texas hill country (west of Austin). We love the outdoors and nature. I am not online often. I have been busy working on home and garden. I decided to plant blackberry bushes this year so that we could possibly make some blackberry jam. An elderly friend taught us how last summer. I also work full time. I am a secretary at a local church. It's fun. Lots of little old ladies call and talk to me. :) I am so glad to find a site of other likeminded believers. Let's see...what else. My favorite verse is Romans 15:13 because I like the name that is used for God there...the "God of Hope." The word hope points to the future...and because He is the God of Hope that means that in Him our future can always be dramatically different from our past! I love that.
I look forward to talking to you all!
Hugs,
Love

Hi Love,
Welcome to the board and thanks for the posts. Of course your suggestions are valuable to us and we are glad to have your reminder about school aged children.

I am happy to know that there are others in Texas. Pastor Randy and I have just recently moved to the Fort Worth area and Theresa will be joining us after the school year is over. Randy and Theresa are raising two of their grandkids and they don't want to move them in the middle of the school year.

I really hope that you will be able to come to the Texas retreat. I am anxious to meet everyone on this board. It is starting to feel like one big happy family.

Lissa

Hi Lissa! Congratulations on your new home! It makes perfect sense to wait until the school year ends for the kids. I remember doing that a couple of different times...and it gives your family another opportunity to practice trusting God in all circumstances! :) I can't remember when you start your new job! You will have to tell us all about it as soon as you can. Of course I will come to the Texas retreat...and maybe one year you guys will consider having it down here in the Hill Country!
-Love

Hi Love,
My family lived in Texas when our son was born. I am actually from the TX/LA border. I went to school in Texas for my career.My oldest daughter and her family live in Houston. I would move to TX in a heartbeat. I think the area around Austin is lovely. Been there for a vacation with my two daughters, grandchildren. Love it.
Hope to be able to come to the retreat in TX but until then. Hello and welcome.

Thank you so much! It's nice to meet you! We absolutely love the Hill Country. I love being able to see the stars at night. We kinda randomly moved here from Dallas about a year ago...it has been an amazing year. In my quest to really know "the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob", I learned that actually for those of us who live in Christ, NOTHING in our lives is random. God does see us...He does move us to places we've never been. It's kinda funny...because Fredericksburg is a weekend getaway/resort town, I am frequently asked, "What brought you to Fredericksburg?" and the only answer I have is "I have NO CLUE!!" Thank God that HE does have a clue. I have relatives in Lousiana...you must have loved the really tall pine trees there. I always want to take them home with me when we visit! :)
Thanks for saying hello!

Seems like forever since I posted or even read anything. Lets see, I started my new job a bit over 2 weeks ago. It is going well, and I really like everyone I work with. My boss is spectacular. This is why I say so. Randy was very very ill last week and ended up having his Gall Bladder out. I ended up only working one full day that week and my boss handled it and paid me full time. Like it wasn't my 2nd week on the job or anything.

Anyway, I will catch up soon. I promise.
Lissa

Hi, I'm new to this site it's so nice to have somewhere to come and contact other people making similar life choices.

I live in England, I can't sew or do anything practical or housy like that to save my life!

We live on a farm that I run as a livery yard, my daughter is 20 months old and I'm a second wife.

Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Beth

Hi Beth.

Welcome aboard. Thanks for posting. I am also a second wife and I am really looking forward to getting to know you. How long have you been married? Tell us as much as you feel comfortable with telling? How old are you? How did you come to understand about polygamy? I have always wanted to visit England. Gosh, it is so exciting to have you here.

Lissa

Hi Lissa

Thanks for the warm welcome, I have been with my partner for almost 10 years! I will be 30 in May.

I never knew anything about polgamy and none of us had even given it a second thought.

I met my partner in church, the minute I saw him I knew he was going to be important in my life I just didn't know how. I was painfully shy and took a long time before I even spoke to him, but he admitted later that he use to catch me staring at him :oops:

He was a married man and when we first stuck up a friendship I felt a connection but didn't realise it was love. When we did finally realise we were at a loss as what to do, Darren said he loved his wife and their two boys and couldn't leave them, I said that I would never have let him, I didn't beleive in divource and if he could walk away from her then how could I ever trust him. He said then he would love it if we could all live together, he told her straight away about us as he felt it would be like having an affair not to. She was upset but didn't ask him to break it off, I had a talk with her on my own, in the time Darren and I had become close I had also become friends with her. I put the ball in her court I'd been offered a job abroad if she said she wanted me to I'd take it and never have any contact with either of them again. She said that if I loved him as much as she did then I should stay and we'd try and work things out.

The first few years were tough, I wouldn't recommend anyone take this route lightly you have to be very dedicated to making it work. We moved away brought a farm, they went out to work I ran it as a livery yard so I could also keep my own horses. We tried all sorts of different arrangements before finding what worked for us and went through some very tough times with our families.

We waited 6 years for our daughter and I feel she is an example of Gods perfect timing, she was a gift that came at exactly the right point in my life, even though I'd wanted it for years God always knows whats best for us. she also healed quite a few rifts with family as love for a child can.

I still have my horses (not that I fit in much ridding now) 3 morgans and my daughters pony, I've also just set up a business with a friend of mine selling reusable nappies so my life is pretty full, just how I like it!

This had got rather long so I'll leave it for now and chat again soon.

Thanks
Beth

Wow,
You do have a neat story. My name is Hannah. I am also a second wife. My husband and I married last summer. We met at church, he was the Pastor. We live in Maine, on top of a mountain. I am part of a large bustling family, that is ever growing, ever changing.
It is nice to meet you,
Shepherdgirl

Hi Hannah

Thanks for introducing yourself. I'm still getting use to the idea that there lots of others living in extended families it felt like we were the only ones for a long time.

I've always loved the mountains and I bet ours aren't anywhere near as spectacular as yours, is it very beautiful?

I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Beth

Hi Beth,
I must admit our mountains are beautiful, we have a spectacular panaramic view of the mountains across the valley and the lake beneath.
What is it like in England? You live in the country. Are you far from the conveniences of town?
Surprisingly we are not alone in our choices of marriage, though we are gathered from the world over in a small number even here on the site. I know of no other family living as ours any where near us. Living blissfully as a polygamous family in a monogomous society is a challenge. Of course, I know that God continues to work miracles as he always has.
Congratulations on your daughter, she is a gift for sure!
Shepherdgirl

Hi,

Sound so lovely where you live. We are in the south east of England about half way between London and the coast. Have to travel for quite a while to reach mountians, but we do have the rolling hills of the south downs near by. I get the impression our view of distances can be a bit different to yours though, we are considered to be in the middle of the countryside but it's only about 20 mins drive to a main town and less than an hour to central London or the sea depending which direction you head.

It can be very tranquil and pretty but at the moment it's just muddy and miserable, I can't wait for winter to end!

I don't know of anyone else living like us in this country. I suppose there may well be people doing the same as us, going about their lives quietly.

It certainly is a challenge, but my life is full of Gods gifts my daughter being the most amazing one yet. I just have to remind myself of this when the road gets difficult, he's never let me fall yet.

Beth

I love reading your posts. I am getting to know you guys from your conversations. I also love the mountains. Up till last month I lived in the Sierra Nevada Mountains and did my navigating by them. Now I live in Texas and couldn't find a mountain if I had to. Texas is great but I do miss my mountains. I am spending the weekend with a very special little boy named Damian. He is my step-grandson and he is 3. I raised him for the first 2 1/2 yrs of his life and have missed him since he moved to OK. Now that I am in Texas I expect to see him as often as possible. His mommy is in Iraq so I am giving his stepdad a break. I am going back to school this month to finally finish my bachelor's degree and then I will work on my MBA. Randy is extremely supportive. I am enjoying my new job and the people I work with. This past year has been a rollercoaster ride for us. Whew! And NOW we get to start planning the Texas retreat. I need suggestions. I want to know what you ladies would like to hear about, learn about or just talk about. Any one have any special requests? This all so exciting.

Back