• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat Is a man's heart divided?

Good article, you simplify an important issue and make it clear and easy to understand. Might I suggest you edit this thread, and change the title to something reflecting the subject? People looking for information on how live works in this situation might be helped if they can see this is relevant for them to read.

Two minor suggestions.
1) The reference to the wife as a bondservant, although technically correct, is somewhat jarring, particularly for a sensitive woman who's struggling with this emotionally and has been pointed to the article to clarify this sensitive issue. It might help the audience if that terminology was kept for another place, where it can be explained first.

2)
I think what I wrote above helps to understand how the individual covenants with each woman will ebb and flow,
The covenants should not ebb and flow. They should be secure and permanent. The love felt emotively within them will ebb and flow. I think this should be changed, as it gives quite the wrong impression.

But despite my nitpicking above, it's a good article.

Thank you for two excellent points. I'll adjust those when I get back to my computer... as to renaming this thread... any good ideas?

'Can a man live more than one woman?'

'Can a man live more than one woman?'
I think that it’s technically possible, but I thought that your focus was the love?

My phone loves to confuse i and o... sometimes I catch it... sometimes not.

Maybe "Is the heart divided?". Not sure how that one came to me, I must have read it somewhere... :)

One of the most encouraging things I heard over the years, was the testimony of plural wives. Many said that adding another did not take anything away from their relationship, but rather that their husbands became better men. Polygyny then was not dividing the man, with the first wife getting less, it actually made the man more then he was.

It is not hard to imagine the boost it would be to a good husband to have another woman choose him.

Many said that adding another did not take anything away from their relationship, but rather that their husbands became better men
As is evident in another thread, it doesn’t always.
Sadly.

Maybe "Is the heart divided?". Not sure how that one came to me, I must have read it somewhere... :)
Now I have to figure out how to edit the title...

Menu is called "Thread Tools"
I did it before scrolling down.. d'uh... I had clicked everything else, not sure how I missed that.

Thank you for your suggestions. I think I've made all the recommended alterations in the article.

Blessings.

One of the most encouraging things I heard over the years, was the testimony of plural wives. Many said that adding another did not take anything away from their relationship, but rather that their husbands became better men. Polygyny then was not dividing the man, with the first wife getting less, it actually made the man more then he was.

It is not hard to imagine the boost it would be to a good husband to have another woman choose him.
I have noticed that as I have been teaching my wife biblical marriage that our love for each other has deepened. I have to be a better man to shepherd more than 1 wife.

I have noticed that as I have been teaching my wife biblical marriage that our love for each other has deepened. I have to be a better man to shepherd more than 1 wife.
We have been blessed by understanding marriage biblically. I shared some of that years ago on this thread.

Since truth makes us free, we really have no reason to fear it, or run from it.....but faulty thinking learned from the world.

Welcome, @Brian Somers glad to ser you here!

Back