• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Is it wrong to want to be led?

Anna

Female
As a 44 year old female scientist I find that society and the people around me expect me to be independent and not in need of a man. They keep insisting that I'm smart and strong and can do anything I want on my own. They are right in a way, I can do this. I'm just finding that I dont want to. I want to give control over. To trust someone to lead me and help me grow. I'm hoping you ladies on here get this as the ones I'm surrounded by think I'm a bit nuts for wanting this.

They keep insisting that I'm smart and strong and can do anything I want on my own. They are right in a way, I can do this. I'm just finding that I dont want to. I want to give control over. To trust someone to lead me and help me grow. I'm a bit nuts for wanting this.
Control of what? What exactly is ‘this’ that you want? I’m not being Facetious, I’m asking for clarity.

Sorry yes I easnt very clear. I guess I'm just used to making all the decisions and trying to figure out things on my own. I would love to meet a good man that I could trust to lead me in scripture. To explain to me the meaning of some of it. Someone that is the head of their home.

Well, you're not nuts. Most of my friends don't 'get it' either. But then, they also don't 'get' the polygamy thing lol. I love hubby being in control, it's much more relaxing for me. I can be in charge if I have to be, and I'm good at it, but I don't like it much. Hubby says I'm great middle management lol, I'm in charge of the children and can order them around like nobody's business, but I also take orders well from him.
There was discussion on another thread about marriage being a partnership, but it really isn't, it's a team. And in a team, there's a team leader. Everyone follows the leader, but all work together to get the team tasks done, whatever they are. This works with one wife, or two, three, however many. You're just scaling up the same system if that makes sense. And many hands make light work, so it's more efficient.

Honestly its exhausting being in charge all the time. I would love to meet someone I respect enough to follow. Not blindly like a sheep lol and of course I will have lots to input and ask but ultimately hes in charge. Having been leader less for so long I know it's going to be a challenge and I have so much to learn.
Plus as an only child i never had a sister so it's an excting idea to have that.

Honestly its exhausting being in charge all the time. I would love to meet someone I respect enough to follow. Not blindly like a sheep lol and of course I will have lots to input and ask but ultimately hes in charge. Having been leader less for so long I know it's going to be a challenge and I have so much to learn.
Plus as an only child i never had a sister so it's an excting idea to have that.

To truly let go and follow is very hard to do. Even if you haven't been on your own for a long time. What is probably the hardest to do is to honor your husband regardless of whether or not you respect him. For example, you don't like his decision and jusmp in and say well that's stupid or degrade his decision in some other way which could include talking bad about him to everyone.. to interject or bring him down or anything when you want him to lead you not vise versa undermines the relationship and creates unneeded conflict. If you get past this then a great deal of weight is lifted from your shoulders. And feels in a way liberating.

Back