• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Is there any hope?

southernphotini

Female
Is there a chance a resistant first wife with time will come to accept a second wife?

I’m hoping someone can share some stories of hope and redemption with me. Anyone have good testimonies to share?

I have thankfully seen many first wives change their stance on plural marriage over the years, but to be fair many who just couldn't. Those who I have personally seen change didn't usually have to deal with a woman waiting in the wings either, that puts a whole reality check on the conversation for sure. @Poodles is one who had a close friend waiting in the wings (which is probably a bit easier) and went from trying to save her marriage to embracing her friend as a sister wife. She doesn't post on the Forum very often now but many years ago she posted this now well known, dare I say famous, post regarding the "first wife syndrome." I hope I posted the link for it correctly for you below. If it doesn't work for some reason, the just click on Poodles above and click on her post # and it will list all her posts. You might even enjoy reading some other posts of hers. She is an amazing person and a personal friend now.

Back