• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Is there anything Greater than God?

Dr.Allen,

My hat is off to you sir! :) A very well stated answer. Please, forgive me for insisting that argument be backed by Scripture (although it is a habit I am afraid I will have to keep). I have great sorrow in my heart when I think of the schism that exists in the Church today. I believe it is often due to the fact that humans rely so much on tradition and "feelings" in building the foundation of their Faith (as opposed to the Word (Christ) being the foundation)! I also have little room for those who spew Philosophy as Theology.

I have no problem with the term "theologian." It just seems that most who term themselves as such are nothing more than "carbon copy" apologetics for their denomination. Very few schools actually teach bare theology anymore (Baptist schools teach you how to be Baptist, Methodists teach you how to be Methodists, etc, etc.). Even Dallas Theological Seminary, which was once a great school, is knee deep in garbage now. I studied at a Reformed Seminary, and even though I believe they do teach mainly bare theology (and by "bare " I mean uninfluenced by dogma), there was still a Calvinist slant on some things. Even though I do agree with Calvin on most points, I decided early on to not believe anything on someone else's word alone. Luckily, I had good professors who encouraged us to challenge everything we were taught. I graduated in 2001 and have been a Police Officer ever since (most people laugh when they hear that.) People often ask why I went to school for Theology and I am not a Preacher. I firmly believe that it is EVERY Christian's responsibility to constantly study God's Word, not just those who are called to preach. There would be far less divisions if we were more like Paul's Bereans!

I really did not mean to "draw the sword" with this topic. I hope I am not thought of as frivolous. :?

May God continue to bless the work you do here,
Jason

nicola said:
However, I think that we should try to elevate our thoughts by thinking of God's kingdom as a WHOLE-ARCHY, not a Hierarchy! It takes more than one to make up a whole - spirit, body and soul! The trinity is not able to exist without 3 (Father-Son-Spirit), just as we are not able to exist without our head, eyes or ears. No part of the Body is greater than the other, because we all make up One, just as our God!

Seriously... :x

Sorry, but I have no interests in the fanciful opinions of people who sell "divine healing" to sick people who are desperate. I really want to say alot more, but I know the day is coming when you will receive just reward for your deeds. Glad to see that the website containing such heretical doctrines is now shut down. I guess the healings weren't going too well...

No offense taken and thank you for your gracious comments.

I understand your points about theology and schools training people in their denominational slant which is a problem.

And no I do not take your request for Scripture to be frivolous per se. It is a good request of course. But sometimes we do find people who go to the extreme saying well that word or that exact phrase is not in Scripture so therefore it must not be true. And sometimes a theological tradition or position is correct in principle even though the principle may not be have a specific term in Scripture. For example, those who come with the regulative principle would say anything that is not directly stated in Scripture is not allowed. But most who take that position are not very consistent.

In any case, I agree with you that we need to make sure that any system is supported by textual/biblical data.

JasonTedder said:
nicola said:
However, I think that we should try to elevate our thoughts by thinking of God's kingdom as a WHOLE-ARCHY, not a Hierarchy! It takes more than one to make up a whole - spirit, body and soul! The trinity is not able to exist without 3 (Father-Son-Spirit), just as we are not able to exist without our head, eyes or ears. No part of the Body is greater than the other, because we all make up One, just as our God!

Seriously... :x

Sorry, but I have no interests in the fanciful opinions of people who sell "divine healing" to sick people who are desperate. I really want to say alot more, but I know the day is coming when you will receive just reward for your deeds. Glad to see that the website containing such heretical doctrines is now shut down. I guess the healings weren't going too well...

Ouch! If I didn't know the truth that "my feelings are an illusion" your words would have pierced me. At this time, my website is being re-constructed, check back Jan. 2011 and sign up for our FREE Healing Clinic that happens four times a year. But, also remember "the workman is worthy of his hire".

Back