• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

It’s SHRINKflation Time

WifeOfHisYouth

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
Here is a list of products reduced in size but not in price.

• Haribo Goldbears candy dropped from 5 ounces to 4 ounces
  • Arm & Hammer laundry detergent fell from 75 ounces to 67.5 ounces
  • Folgers Classic ground coffee dropped from 51 ounces to 43.7 ounces
  • Kleenex reduced the count of tissues from 65 to 60
  • Angel Soft toilet tissue drop from 425 sheets to 320 sheets per roll
  • Honey Bunches of Oats dropped from 14.5 ounces to 12 ounces per box
  • Charmin Mega Roll toilet tissue dropped from 264 to 244 sheets
  • Crest toothpaste dropped from 4.1 ounces to 3.8 ounces per tube
  • Bounty paper towels dropped from 165 sheets to 147 sheets per roll
  • Gatorade Zero dropped from 32 ounces to 28 ounces per bottle
  • Quaker Oats instant oatmeal dropped from 10 to 8 pouches per box
  • Ziploc bags dropped from 54 bags to 50 bags per box
  • Dial body wash dropped from 21 ounces to 16 ounces per bottle
  • Wheat Thins crackers dropped from 16 ounces to 14 ounces per box
These size reductions in products have not reflected a change in pricing, further evidence of the profound impact of inflation on manufacturers, suppliers, and consumers.

- from the gateway pundit

What things have you noticed changing size?

What things have you noticed changing size?

Costco croissants are smaller than they used to be. I bought some on Monday without really looking at them. I use them for making cold cut sandwiches sometimes and they used to be big enough to hang over our sandwich plates. Now they barely go from edge to edge.

I'm actually okay with the paper towel rolls being a more standard size because they fit easier into regular paper towel holders now.

Purina Layena chicken feed bags have shrunk from 50 pounds to 40 pounds. Additionally, the price seems to have gone up.

On a parallel note, I’ve heard that gas pumps are being changed to be able to charge above $9.99.

Maybe they will finally quit doing the annoying 0.9 cents thing (as in $4.999).
Small little upside 👍
That might be part of the federal tax.

How is all this impacting you? You are a trucker right? It seems like things in trucking world must be crazy. That in turn will make things crazy for all the rest of us too.

It’s pretty crazy when you can put $1,000 in your tanks at one fuel stop.
Drive slower when you can.
Avoid idling when you can.
Watch your loads for weight, terrain (mountains), and how they pay. Rates increase, but they lag behind fuel prices.

It’s pretty crazy when you can put $1,000 in your tanks at one fuel stop.
Drive slower when you can.
Avoid idling when you can.
Watch your loads for weight, terrain (mountains), and how they pay. Rates increase, but they lag behind fuel prices.
Thank you

Y’all are so negative... think of all the weight loss, nation wide! I’m actually really surprised the media isn’t touting that as a positive side effect of shortages and higher prices. 🙄
Make America Lean Again

America leaning up a little would be a good thing. Myself included 👍

The real issue is probably going to be extreme hunger and deprivation in third world countries. This in turn will result in huge floods of more refugees into Europe and North America. This in turn helps destabilize these countries. That is one of the reasons this famine is being intentionally augmented.

The other thing I've been noticing is the disappearance of "budget" generic products. More and more commonly we are having to buy branded products in supermarkets, because the generic ones are either out of stock (empty place on the shelf), or the place they used to occupy has been removed entirely. So we end up paying more for the same product, but technically nobody has actually raised the price or shrunk the packaging.

The rise in price goes to the same companies, because the generic product tends to be manufactured by the same company that makes the branded product (which you see whenever there is a recall, where both branded and generic products are listed for recall simultaneously because both came off the same production line). So a company producing both products can raise their returns by simply reducing the quantity of generic product that they supply to the supermarkets, while keeping the branded version available.

Back