• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

It's a shame there are no polygyny communities such as this.

It would be an interesting thought experiment to form a working group to come up with a community plan. How would it be created? How would it work? How would it be a community? What would the rules be? How would it be led? What happens when someone wants out? Etc.
My thought is what amounts to a shares ranch crossed with a co-op.

Large amount of land purchased. Plots sold off and monthly dues for infrastructure. Lots of cooperative projects. Got quite a litany on this vision really. I suspect that given the nature of the project @NickF is apparently working on, I image he has had quite a few notions as well
If someone ops out then the co-op has a say up or down on buyers by some sort of majority or the option to buy out etc

And this is one of the biggest reasons IMHO. The deep south is absolutely miserable without AC.
Which is why I'm a fan of the high elevations in the Rockies, as in Colorado, and even New Mexico a bit south.

The growing season is still short (thus, greenhouses for some things) but LOTS of solar, 320 days plus a year, for both heat and off-grid electricity, and very low humidity. (No A/C) If we hit 90 degrees F once or twice a summer, it's a scorcher. And it'll cool off to the low 60s as soon as the sun is down.
It would be an interesting thought experiment to form a working group to come up with a community plan. How would it be created? How would it work? How would it be a community? What would the rules be? How would it be led? What happens when someone wants out? Etc.
Take a look at a place in Idaho, a number of years back, built by Col. Bo Gritz, of Green Beret fame. It was called "Almost Heaven," and structured as what they called a Covenant Community. Not without problems, however.

Back