• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Its Been Two Years Since We Got Married....

I'm hoping to be at home in my own bed, with only women helping and supporting me. My husband doesn't believe its his place to be in the room with me, he would rather stand guard outside (my sweet stubborn caveman haha). I haven't started to look at accredited midwives yet but some of the older women from church have delivered their own grandchildren, I think I'd want their help over some random midwife that doesn't know me or care about me. But who knows, I'm getting ahead of myself a little 😅
It's great to have a midwife there as they have loads of knowledge if things go a little bit sideways. It's knowledge that can keep you and baby out of hospital so well worth it to have them there. You can interview different midwives and see which is the best fit. You'll find that most really do care about you and genuinely want the best outcome for you and baby. I have heard of a woman in New Zealand who didn't want anyone at the birth except for her husband. She had a midwife throughout her pregnancy, and on the day of the birth, the midwife came to her house but sat in another room. She was there if needed, but remained quiet and out of the way. When baby was born they invited her into their space and she checked them over and all was well.

Congratulations

Back