• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Its good to know you're not alone...

gtcoastie07

Male
I'd like to thank Oreslag for the awesome fellowship he provided to me yesterday. He and I met up at the local pub and introduced ourselves over a couple pints of hoppy microbrew. A great start, I know. But, the real value to me was knowing that I really wasn't alone. I don't mean in the spiritual sense of being alone. I know and feel the Lord's presence every minute of everyday. However, being able to sit across from someone and lay it all out on the table is definately a valuable type of spiritual refreshment. Thanks Steve!

And thank you Gabe! Indeed, knowing we're not alone when we choose to believe the entirety of the Word in preference for empty doctrine is most certainly comforting and invigorating. BF provides this fellowship among folks that are connected only via the internet, and I've just learned that this is made so much fuller in person. I really like the characterization of 'spiritual refreshment'; I think I'll plagiarize this for future use ;)

It was most enjoyable meeting with you and I'm looking eagerly forward to getting our families together as well. Even more, I'm looking forward to growing the fellowship we've begun.

Glad to see you guys making a connection in the 'real' world! This is awesome!

Blessings

Doc

I do look forward to meeting you both. Glad you got together.

Cecil and I do the man club meetings too, and they are really great. If you are going to do this pm thing, you need support and an outlet. Glad you two could find the time to meet up and chew the fat.

Paul

Hey Paul, I agree. One of our biggest concerns with having had this revalation is the the feeling of isolation we thought we would have to endure. And much to our pleasant surprise, as came in need, so the Lord provided. I still find it strange sometimes how consistently we're being blessed. Although, "man" time has now morphed into "family" time as our two families are quickly becoming inseparable. God is good, that's all I can say. As an aside, if anyone is interested in finding an almost "ideal" PM friendly state, Washington is a pretty good choice. Cecil, anytime you're up this way, give us a holler!

I expect to be out again sometime in the next few months, with the time to move around. Will look forward to meeting you folks.

I'm hoping that at some point there will be another man closer to my area. Cecil and Paul are relatively speaking close... 1-2 hour drive I think. :)
I suppose I should just pick up the phone.
:idea:

This is a cool post! I have met a couple of folks from here, but had too fly out too meet a couple and one fam moved out here and well wasn't very much PM minded but more polyamore minded. All in all though it was pretty cool. The security guard at our place knows a few other folks out here with more than one wife but he ain't telling. We are open however to meeting more folks in NM! We did meet one of the members here driving through as well and that was pretty awesome! It is always good to have other folks in real life to talk too cause it can get lonely when your friends have no idea what you are talking about when you got problems goin on and so forth.

Hey Gillfam,
It's a cherished blessing. Oreslag's family and mine have become very close. He and I have tangibly seen the Lord work to His end through our friendship. I'm still amazed at how well we all get along and how comforting it is to have another like-minded man to comiserate with. I pray that God will someday see fit to congregate more of His people in physical vicinity so that more can benefit from this fellowship and brotherhood. Don't get me wrong, having people to share ideas with through the internet is great but... it's just not the same; and please don't take this as bragging. We take no credit. The credit is all His. It makes me want to run into the middle of service, shake the pastor, and say, "read this! accept it, and for Christ's sake...preach it because it's the truth! we need to have people with which to share it." Frustrating... but, "My soul waits for the Lord more than the watchman waits for the morning." Ps 130:6

Back