• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Its not going to happen unless someone builds it

Scoop

Real Person*
Male
Just a rant. While BF is a great space to exchange ideas the one thing missing in our world is a properly vetted biblically sound dating site. I'm sorry its just true. Its near impossible to find another spouse without some kind of networking outlet where you can just be straight out about it, and thats properly vetted. By that I mean a real operation where you get interviewed and vetted personally/professionally before you can even join. I wish I had the skills or resources to build it. Otherwise theres just a lot of sitting and twiddling our thumbs hoping for a burning bush. Theres too many scam artists on the conventional sites and not enough of us talking OPENLY about polygyny to get a lot moving. I'm an action person so I dont know, gonna have to find a way. I know I know im gonna hear all the "if God wants it he'll have her uber'd to your door" nah. Sorry, I have a friend who is in his mid forties and never married, why? Because he's too picky and sits and waits for the burning bush. Meanwhile I have a boatload of kids and have built my "imperfect" family lol. I don't believe thats how God works. We move and he moves. Gonna have to find a way around this ridiculous obstacle.

It could be a business opportunity for someone/multiple someone’s.

Just not here.

I wish I had the skills or resources to build it.
I agree someone has to build it - and it might be you @Scoop. Don't dismiss that option simply because you don't yet have the skills. I often start things without the skills to do them and learn on the way...

You've got the enthusiasm. There are certainly other people here with relevant skills, plenty of websites to teach basic IT skills, and there is even existing dating website software you can purchase, download and install to create a dating site without having to code it all yourself. Resources are of course always a problem, but the biggest resource required is time, not money.

All it would take is a couple of people with the enthusiasm to start, the persistence to see it through, and the willingness to learn the right skills on the way.

I don’t think the problem is a lack of a good website as much as it is a lack of good people. Scripture tells us that a good wife is hard to find. It’s the same now as when that was written. You may even find a good woman, but it might not be a good fit for one reason or another, or maybe the timing is wrong.
I’m not one to over spiritualize finding a mate, because I just don’t see Scripture doing that. However, in my observation, desperately trying to find a woman rarely ends well. I’m not saying don’t look, but you gotta keep your wits about you and be patient.

Last edited:
And publicity, particularly getting a critical mass of users at the start to make it worthwhile for anybody who finds it to bother signing up.

I was thinking more along the lines of an invitation only web site where members approve of applicants. This could grow grassroots style so the vetting doesn't get overwhelming.

I was thinking more along the lines of an invitation only web site where members approve of applicants. This could grow grassroots style so the vetting doesn't get overwhelming.
That sounds like a good idea, but in real life it might be more appealing to a lady to take a dip in the Amazon river than to jump into that feeding frenzy.

I don’t think the problem is a lack of a good website as much as it is a lack of good people. Scripture tells us that a good wife is hard to find. It’s the same now as when that was when that was written. You may even find a good woman, but it might not be a good fit for one reason or another, or maybe the timing is wrong.
I’m not one to over spiritualize finding a mate, because I just don’t see Scripture doing that. However, in my observation, desperately trying to find a woman rarely ends well. I’m not saying don’t look, but you gotta keep your wits about you and be patient.
This! /\ /\

Even though I am one to “over spiritualize finding a mate”.

IMO the dating sites that are available are as much a crucible to prove your readiness as the people you pass by on a day to day basis. Your decision making, discernment and interaction with potentials and their interaction with your wife will reveal much about your readiness to take the plunge

I recently had to reevaluate my approach and narrow my focus. I have not been disappointed and it has definitely been enlightening

Agreed that all of the current options leave a lot to be desired and I also agree that it would be nice to have a good trustworthy site.

Hosting is easy. What is needed to start is good dating site software. There are probably crappy free options (that might be improved by anyone with programming skills) and there might be some software packages that are commercial, but of high quality. If we get lucky there is a free high quality option.

Step 1: Find out what dating web site software packages are out there.

If you find any post them here.

I created a website once, many moons ago.

Back