• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I've Been Thinking....

@Asforme&myhouse I agree it was about balance. To better understand you have to realize that 'better' isn't a value proposition or a statement of superiority. But rather a practical one. In times of trouble it is better not to have a wife and children, as Christ also said. When looking at it from the perspective of how much you can get done, singleness is better.

Both Christ and Paul spoke of some being called to singleness and others not.

I fully agree with @rustywest4, I feel the same way. God did designed us to like, want, need females; so much so the enjoyment of their company is one of our rewards in life.

It's about balance.

Where the RCC got in trouble is in contradicting the requirements for an elder. But they, and the orthodox, are to be praised for their monastery work, for not forgetting that there is a valid call to singleness. It is something the Protestants rejected and forgot in their overreaction against the RCC.

Personally, I get more done as part of a threefold cord

And Doc has married and left the building.

Wait...Paul wasn't married? Didn't he talk about his "thorn in the flesh"?...:rolleyes:
During a Christmas play this year, a segment was about an older widow who said after 57 years of marriage, her favorite fruit of the spirit was ‘long suffering’.

Back