• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Job loss

Praise God! He hears our prayers and performs mighty and wondrous deeds!

Cool!

We already tried he won't let us out without paying the remainder of months which is not possible for us.

As a matter of Christian theology, you should hold your word and pay what you owe. Find a way, even if that means him in another state working and living out of his vehicle while you live in the house in KY.

As a matter of law, he can't. The most he can usually do under the law is evict you out of the place when you stop paying. Maybe I'm wrong on the finer points of law, but that's usually how it goes down. In other words he's bluffing.

Glad to hear you found work.

While appreciate your prayers & concerns on our behalf in those days. The situation, while lean, was not as desperate as she made it out to be. The job situation was a planned transition from one to the other. I already been accepted at the new job w a start date before I quit the old one. Unfortunately, the paychecks from the old job (pitifully small) stopped before the new job started paying better. That whole pesky wait 2 weeks to start getting regular paycheck business as well as orientation paying something but not much.

Was it a lie? Exaggeration? Playing the victim? Faithless panic? Your call.

I was raised in a "Bill Gothard" home, and he was opposed to taking on any debt, to a much greater extreme than Dave Ramsey is. I hate debt, but even Dave Ramsey will agree that there are times when it is necessary, as long as you have a plan for getting out of debt. Glad to see that "all thing work together for good, for those who love God and are called according to his purpose." I hope everything works out well for you in your new position.

Back