• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Journey of Faith

3for1

Hi all. We're pretty new here at Biblical-Fams, but it feels more and more like home. We just moved to FL so that I can go to graduate school. We leased a condo and went through the gruling task of transferring the utilities....what a deal! Our landlord is nice, and the place will more than meet our needs for the next 2 years.

The real prayer request is for my wife to get job. She has some education beyond H.S. but this economy is really discouraging. We (I am trying to help her) have filled out 100 apps/sent resumes in the last week. Please pray that God would work in our hearts to have faith in what He is doing behind the scenes. If she does not get a job, our move here and our efforts will lost. I will not be able to go to school. We really feel God has called us here and to this, so if there's a lesson for us, may we learn it faithfully.

Tom

3for1 said:
Hi all. We're pretty new here at Biblical-Fams, but it feels more and more like home. We just moved to FL so that I can go to graduate school. We leased a condo and went through the gruling task of transferring the utilities....what a deal! Our landlord is nice, and the place will more than meet our needs for the next 2 years.

The real prayer request is for my wife to get job. She has some education beyond H.S. but this economy is really discouraging. We (I am trying to help her) have filled out 100 apps/sent resumes in the last week. Please pray that God would work in our hearts to have faith in what He is doing behind the scenes. If she does not get a job, our move here and our efforts will lost. I will not be able to go to school. We really feel God has called us here and to this, so if there's a lesson for us, may we learn it faithfully.

Tom

I will definately pray for you.

Hi 3 for1 where in Florida do you live? I am in South Florida and I know lots of people around here, maybe I could help.

I will definitely be praying. We were in a similar situation. I quit a great paying job to follow Pastor Randy to Fort Worth. I got my first offer the Friday after arriving and started my new job on week to the day after arriving in Fort Worth. I pray that it will be this way for you and your wife.

Lord, please deliver just the right job to this family. Bless them as they are following Your will and Your word.

Lissa

Hey 3for1...what kind of work is she looking for, and where in Florida are you? I know a certain Christian radio station in a certain city in the middle of Florida that has a lot of theme parks that will be looking for some office help by the middle of June. Contact me by private reply.

Thanks,

Doc

Thank you all for responding and praying. We feel your love.

We're in Fort Myers.

She is looking for almost anything and trying to be open. Her skills are in office, secretarial, reception, front desk, some accounting such as payroll, typing/transcribing/data entry (80wpm). She's the kind of employee that calls in sick once a year, and is extremely dependable. Another quality is her honesty- even if it makes her look bad.

Please write if you know anyone over here.

Tom

Hi Tom, sorry for not writing you yet - I will shortly. Looks like we are going to be doing Florida-only BF get-togethers soon, too - there's enough of us for "critical mass" now I think (At least 5 cities represented, maybe more "lurkers") - which is pretty amazing since it was just my family 2 months ago. Everybody is "new" here at BiblicalFamilies, btw - the site just went public in February (though a very few of us have known each other for 10 years or so.) We're pretty humbled to see what God is doing already, and as we stay focused on Him, not any man, and not polygamy - I fully believe he is going to "give the increase".

Sorry you couldn't make the retreat, but stay tuned for another Florida get-together, I'm thinking late August.

Welcome! And we'll pray for her job search,
Nathan and family

PS. We've been down your way twice in the last year: once for a boat camping trip to Cayo Costa SP (awesome), and an Everglades (10,000 Islands) kayak camping trip right after Christmas (just me and a buddy). Too hot down there now for camping! :)

Back