• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

July 10th - Project you are working on?

RainyLondonFog

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
1531252032572.jpg
Short term I am cleaning house from us being out of town for a few days and laundry and chores adding up. Long term I am making recipe cards and laminating them (so they can be wiped clean) so I can spend less of my time on my phone trying to find a certain recipe. What are you currently working on? :)

Last edited:
Short term, I'm unwell and resting so I can get better.
Long term... I'm basically in survival mode right now, getting through each day as best I can. I have many little projects as well as some very big ones that I want to start, but now is not the time.
One thing I have been doing is trying to perfect a biscuit (cookie) recipe. I keep changing things and messing with each batch to see what works and what doesn't. There haven't been any disasters yet lol. I don't really have time for baking, but I have been making time lately because it's something I need to do for myself right now.

Im ALSO working on my weight/getting healthy. It’s not easy. But, I’m sure it’ll be worth it in the end. :)

Also, in the process of moving last year we had to pause our schooling so... I’m working on schooling my kids through the summer. Most days we do extra work to make up for the late start.

Im ALSO working on my weight/getting healthy. It’s not easy. But, I’m sure it’ll be worth it in the end. :)

Also, in the process of moving last year we had to pause our schooling so... I’m working on schooling my kids through the summer. Most days we do extra work to make up for the late start.

I just picked up our enrollment papers for our kids to start charter next month. I gotta say I'm a little nervous about it while have a 1 and a half year old running around!

I'm supposed to be making 50lb of playdough for a family friend to use in a shooting experiment.

50 pounds of play dough!!?? Please tell me you are making that in one big batch in a kids play pool or the like.

That reminds me of when we make a triple batch of muffins (makes 13-15 dozen) at our place. We don’t have a bowl large enough so I have to mix it in a 5gallon food grade bucket. Not sure why but the kids always ask to make bucket muffins. Definitely a fun memory to make. Now you got me thinking. Do you mind sharing your recipe for play dough?

50 pounds of play dough!!?? Please tell me you are making that in one big batch in a kids play pool or the like.
Haha, that would've been fun! The recipe that i use gets cooked on the stovetop. It's 4 c flour, 2 c salt, 1/4 c cream of tartar, 1/2 c oil, 4 c water, and food coloring. That made about 5 pounds.
That sounds like fun LOL
Well, the kids sure had fun!
When you say a shooting experiment, what are they planning on doing with it?
Oh gun stuff. I don't know. Testing different bullet types? They're supposed to be mimicking heads. Lol.

Haha, that would've been fun! The recipe that i use gets cooked on the stovetop. It's 4 c flour, 2 c salt, 1/4 c cream of tartar, 1/2 c oil, 4 c water, and food coloring. That made about 5 pounds.

Oh gun stuff. I don't know. Testing different bullet types? They're supposed to be mimicking heads. Lol.

That's the same recipe I use! Man that's a lot of play doh! :)

You cook it?? How does that all work mix in a pot, put on the stove and cook on low till it comes together? I have never made a cooked play dough. What are the benefits? Does it stay fresher longer? I am intrigued!

Back