• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

July 12th - Something you want to learn?

RainyLondonFog

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
1531403675478.jpg
I'm in the process of learning Japanese. I have the Hiragana chart memorized, but I need to work on pronouncation. Honestly it's been a week or two since I looked at it because we've been so busy. But I'm going to try to stick with it! I also want to learn to be a good garderner but right now we are waiting to do some work outside before I can really spend more time in the yard. What do you want to learn?

I really want to get my sourdough perfected. I have got pancakes and English muffins down but bread just alludes me. It’s such finicky stuff.

I really want to learn to bake. I can a little, but, I want to get better.
Also, I want to get better at knitting. And learn how to quilt and sew. I taught myself to knit, I’m just not sure if teaching oneself to sew and/or quilt is possible. :)

I want to learn the constellations and how to use the stars to tell dates and seasons etc. I had a dream from YHWH telling me to do that, but it's easier said than done when most of the info out there is of the Northern Hemisphere. Also, the stars are only out when it's night and cold, and that's not fun, lol.

I love learning. I am visual and tactual learner so art of any kind I usually excel at. But, I really would love to learn Irish Gaelic. I just have a hard time moving my tongue that way LOL

I really want to get my sourdough perfected. I have got pancakes and English muffins down but bread just alludes me. It’s such finicky stuff.

Totally agree, bread is finicky! I've been so scared of starting a starter to try sourdough. Sourdough is delicious though so I may just need to get over it lol

Also, I want to get better at knitting. And learn how to quilt and sew. I taught myself to knit, I’m just not sure if teaching oneself to sew and/or quilt is possible. :)

I taught myself how to bake and cook! I believe in you! I just started doing more and more recipes by scratch. That's awesome that you taught yourself to know! I've tried to start a couple times and never get far. :) I don't know much about sewing or quilting, but boy people who can are very talented!

I want to learn how to knit as well as improve my sewing abilities.
I made a baby blanket with a hand stiches boarder while in high school but not sure I could still do it.

Whoa that's so cool!

I want to learn the constellations and how to use the stars to tell dates and seasons etc. I had a dream from YHWH telling me to do that, but it's easier said than done when most of the info out there is of the Northern Hemisphere. Also, the stars are only out when it's night and cold, and that's not fun, lol.

I think it sounds hard! But God is faithful to help us, so I think you can win! That does sound like an impressive undertaking! Lol yes about it not being fun to be cold!

I love learning. I am visual and tactual learner so art of any kind I usually excel at. But, I really would love to learn Irish Gaelic. I just have a hard time moving my tongue that way LOL

Oh me too! I was in speech therapy for like eight years in school and I have a really hard time with rolling R's. But they say practice makes perfect.. now I just have to find time to practice.. :)

I have taught all my children the basics of baking and cooking in general but, I was able to get an amazing magazine for my son when he started really getting into cooking and baking. It’s called Cooks Country. There is sooo much good information in there he has learned a lot and I have enjoyed some amazing meals and desserts!! He is now passing them on to his younger sister and I am enjoying handing over the reigns of the kitchen to them. Although I still have to kick them out every once in a while and go rouge (without a recipe) just to show them I’ve still got it. Hahaha

I posted this in another forum, and thought at first thinking back it was this one. This is copied and pasted from Oct of last year.

"When I got married, and first tried to bake bread, the dog wouldn’t eat my attempt at dinner rolls. So I walked down to the library, and found The Laurel’s Kitchen Bread Book, a guide to whole grain bread baking.
This is a serious volume of how to, and a wealth of information and recipes. If someone wants to know the whys of each step, and to be able to figure out what went wrong, it’s wonderful!

I bought my daughter a copy the other day, when I saw one at a second hand store."

I rarely use the book now, as baking our regular bread is routine, but there is a whole chapter on sourdough including how to make your starter from scratch, as well as how to feed it, and recipes for using it.
I super reccomend the book.

@RainyLondonFog this is better. I was in speach therapy as well when I was a kid. I came from an immigrant family who spoke with an Irish Canadian accent. My mom spoke American English and she was the only one they had met. ... They thought something was wrong with my hearing hahahahaha!

I posted this in another forum, and thought at first thinking back it was this one. This is copied and pasted from Oct of last year.

"When I got married, and first tried to bake bread, the dog wouldn’t eat my attempt at dinner rolls. So I walked down to the library, and found The Laurel’s Kitchen Bread Book, a guide to whole grain bread baking.
This is a serious volume of how to, and a wealth of information and recipes. If someone wants to know the whys of each step, and to be able to figure out what went wrong, it’s wonderful!

I bought my daughter a copy the other day, when I saw one at a second hand store."

I rarely use the book now, as baking our regular bread is routine, but there is a whole chapter on sourdough including how to make your starter from scratch, as well as how to feed it, and recipes for using it.
I super reccomend the book.
I am on a mission to find this book for the one chapter. Hahaha I’m searching our library online!!

How to make cheese
Me too! I have done a bit...after I decided if Laura's mom (little house) could do it, I could learn.
When I get more milk....I will definitely get back to practicing.
Maybe we can swap notes then?! :)

Have you read the book The Gospel in the Stars?

Back