• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

July 12th - Something you want to learn?

View attachment 440
I'm in the process of learning Japanese. I have the Hiragana chart memorized, but I need to work on pronouncation. Honestly it's been a week or two since I looked at it because we've been so busy. But I'm going to try to stick with it! I also want to learn to be a good garderner but right now we are waiting to do some work outside before I can really spend more time in the yard. What do you want to learn?

I already am fairly versed in Spanish--read, write, speak, and teach it. A few years ago I really developed a desire to learn Hebrew so started working on the alphabet. I quickly learned there's ancient, paleo, and modern, as well as, block and cursive letters. So I had to regroup and get a better system down. Then life got crazy and had to step away for a while. This summer I've tried to pick it back up but can't say I've been successful nor consistent like I need to. I tried a free online, Duolingo Hebrew. I spent 2 nights on it with about 1 1/2 hrs. each night, finished the first level and aced the tests, but decided not continue because it lacks some key factors in approach that I want in the learning process.

How to make cheese
I have a really easy farmers cheese recipe. We like to eat it on crackers like a cheese spread or let it drain a little more and it’s great on tacos.
-Half a gallon of milk heated to 180 degrees F stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn.remove from heat.
-Add in 1/4 cup vinegar (can replace with lemon juice or lime juice or any combination of the 3. Our fav is lime juice.)
-stir through (just once around the pan to mix in)
-let sit half an hour covered should separate to curds and whey!!
-strain through thick cheese cloth (the ones at the grocery store her are almost see through and not worth it) or flour sack towel. (I usually place the towel in a strainer over a large bowl. Then pour in curds and whey in, gather the corners and tie with butchers twine.
-hang from a cupboard handle or hinges till it stops dripping. If needed you can help it a bit by twisting it tight while it drains. Usually not needed tho.
-Tada!!! You have cheese!!

Good luck ladies!! Let me know how it turns out!

I have a really easy farmers cheese recipe. We like to eat it on crackers like a cheese spread or let it drain a little more and it’s great on tacos.
-Half a gallon of milk heated to 180 degrees F stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn.remove from heat.
-Add in 1/4 cup vinegar (can replace with lemon juice or lime juice or any combination of the 3. Our fav is lime juice.)
-stir through (just once around the pan to mix in)
-let sit half an hour covered should separate to curds and whey!!
-strain through thick cheese cloth (the ones at the grocery store her are almost see through and not worth it) or flour sack towel. (I usually place the towel in a strainer over a large bowl. Then pour in curds and whey in, gather the corners and tie with butchers twine.
-hang from a cupboard handle or hinges till it stops dripping. If needed you can help it a bit by twisting it tight while it drains. Usually not needed tho.
-Tada!!! You have cheese!!

Good luck ladies!! Let me know how it turns out!
This is awesome! Thank you for sharing!

Back