• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

July 14th - Season that brings you the most joy?

RainyLondonFog

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
1531597524270.jpg
Fall brings me the most joy. I love the cooler air, the beautiful leaves, sweater weather, warm drinks and the beginning rain. It is my absolute favorite season. Second favorite is winter. Winter holds Christmas and wonder on children's faces. Gingerbread cookies and sitting by the fire while it snows outside. What season bring you the most joy?

View attachment 446
Fall brings me the most joy. I love the cooler air, the beautiful leaves, sweater weather, warm drinks and the beginning rain. It is my absolute favorite season. Second favorite is winter. Winter holds Christmas and wonder on children's faces. Gingerbread cookies and sitting by the fire while it snows outside. What season bring you the most joy?
Ah Fall! Yep that is mine as well. In NM all along the Rio Grande the leaves on the cottonwoods change, the crispness in the morning air, Albuquerque balloon Fiesta, the smell of Hatch chili roasting, Carizoso cider, the smell of cedar coming from near by fireplaces, NM state fair, Indian fry bread, the never ending pot of beans and fresh tortillas..... It is the fall when I miss home the most! Spring would be my second choice. Hearing the birds singing, trees in bloom, flowers popping through the soil. People busily hustling around town preparing their gardens. With that special newness if feels as though anything is possible. Awakening of creativity, children's laughter, dogs barking, baby animals emerging. Ah the newness!
I am so excited about the fall this year in a new area. It is anticipation of all God's goodness wrapped up in beautiful hues of reds, orange and yellow. I am excited about the new friends, new foods and experiences.

Normally I would say summer, however it has been extremely hot and humid here, so I switch my vote to fall as well, I could use a cool night by a fire right now. Although I'm sure the warm weather is what we needed since one of our cows had a calf Thursday afternoon.

Normally I would say summer, however it has been extremely hot and humid here, so I switch my vote to fall as well, I could use a cool night by a fire right now. Although I'm sure the warm weather is what we needed since one of our cows had a calf Thursday afternoon.

Oh yes it's been so warm here too! Yay for the baby calf, I bet it's adorable!

Ah Fall! Yep that is mine as well. In NM all along the Rio Grande the leaves on the cottonwoods change, the crispness in the morning air, Albuquerque balloon Fiesta, the smell of Hatch chili roasting, Carizoso cider, the smell of cedar coming from near by fireplaces, NM state fair, Indian fry bread, the never ending pot of beans and fresh tortillas..... It is the fall when I miss home the most! Spring would be my second choice. Hearing the birds singing, trees in bloom, flowers popping through the soil. People busily hustling around town preparing their gardens. With that special newness if feels as though anything is possible. Awakening of creativity, children's laughter, dogs barking, baby animals emerging. Ah the newness!
I am so excited about the fall this year in a new area. It is anticipation of all God's goodness wrapped up in beautiful hues of reds, orange and yellow. I am excited about the new friends, new foods and experiences.

Oh my gosh that sounds like the best. The way you describe it makes me want to be there!

Here's how I view seasons. I love summer, because if we didn't have summer then I wouldn't appreciate winter, and I love winter, because if we didn't have winter I wouldn't appreciate summer. Autumn is wonderful because it's starting to cool down from summer and there's the anticipation of an early snowfall and everything starts to go dormant for the winter. Spring is just stunning, it brings with it daffodils (my favourite flower) as well as lambs and calves on the farm.
Which season brings me the most joy? They all do, and I wouldn't be without a one of them.

Well here it seems like we have summer, a few short weeks of fall and then winter with no snow. No spring really unless you count May but we still can get a freeze some years. Which in my opinion if it is freezing outside we should have snow but, nope. Hahaha I would have to say summer is my favorite or those very few weeks of fall. Yes summer is way to hot to do most anything but if you wake up early you have the most beautiful sunrises and can work hard just long enough to be ready for a short rest mid day. Then head back out towards the evening when it’s “cooling off” (falling below 110 again hahaha) We also set up our pool during the summer and tend to have a lot of fun activities to go and do with the kids. And, one of the best things, I get more time with my honey cause he starts work earlier so he is home earlier so we get more of a half day with him instead of just a few hours in the evening during winter. So yeah my vote. Summer. :)

And, one of the best things, I get more time with my honey cause he starts work earlier so he is home earlier so we get more of a half day with him instead of just a few hours in the evening during winter. So yeah my vote. Summer. :)
For some of the same reasons you like summer, I like winter as in more family time and time with my honey.
I am a lot like @FollowingHim2 on this though, and like every season for what it offers.

Well here it seems like we have summer, a few short weeks of fall and then winter with no snow. No spring really unless you count May but we still can get a freeze some years. Which in my opinion if it is freezing outside we should have snow but, nope. Hahaha I would have to say summer is my favorite or those very few weeks of fall. Yes summer is way to hot to do most anything but if you wake up early you have the most beautiful sunrises and can work hard just long enough to be ready for a short rest mid day. Then head back out towards the evening when it’s “cooling off” (falling below 110 again hahaha) We also set up our pool during the summer and tend to have a lot of fun activities to go and do with the kids. And, one of the best things, I get more time with my honey cause he starts work earlier so he is home earlier so we get more of a half day with him instead of just a few hours in the evening during winter. So yeah my vote. Summer. :)

Your seasons sound very much like ours. We have a very short fall and usually a non-existent spring. I can see why summer would be your favorite, I would love whatever season brought my hubby home sooner. :)
For some of the same reasons you like summer, I like winter as in more family time and time with my honey.
I am a lot like @FollowingHim2 on this though, and like every season for what it offers.
Yes I like what FH2 said too. I try to appreciate each season for what it's worth. :)

Back