• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

July 15th - something you are afraid of?

RainyLondonFog

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
1531599508559.jpg
I'm afraid of heights. As a child I didn't mind ferris wheels and rides that went up too high, I used to sit in an apricot tree and read, and didn't mind being on balconies. But as an adult I've developed a fear of them. I feel as woozy and dizzy now when I get high up and sort of anxious.

Outside of this world though, I am afraid of not "running the race." And of failing to obey the Lord's will for my life. But I think they're more of a healthy fear. Helps keep my eye on the prize so to speak. :)

Hope you all have a great Sunday! Or Monday- depending on where you are!

I can relate to your fear of heights, but for me the timing is reversed. I was scared of heights as a child, and am not anymore....though I still have a healthy "respect for gravity from an elevated position."

I am fearless in many ways, but could have written your second paragraph myself, and about myself. Since one of my deepest desires is to be pleasing to God, it stands to reason that my biggest fear would be to fail in that. Some fears are healthy.

Thanks for a thought provoking topic! :)

Outside of this world though, I am afraid of not "running the race." And of failing to obey the Lord's will for my life.
For real though. And hearing "Go away from me, I never knew you."

I'm scared of spiders, but I'm not completely insane about it. My biggest fear is having something happen to my kids, kidnapped, tortured, abused, heads chopped off etc. It is ridiculous how much that thought keeps me up at night when we live in such a safe place right now. When I'm tired my mind goes on overdrive I think.

Heights! I saw the picture and had to scroll past quickly. It is bad! My kids laugh at me when a show is on and it is a view from high up looking down.... forget it if the camera is moving! SMH the struggle is real!

Spiritually, I have to say being a disappointment to Yahweh! If I expand on this I will end up getting emotional so I will leave it there.

Back