• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

July 24th - What things make you happy to be alive?

RainyLondonFog

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
1532446620714.jpg
I'm very happy to live in a time with the New Testament. I'm happy to live free in Christ and I've often wondered how people who don't believe can even live. How can they face the hardships of life without the comfort of the Lord? And of course I'm so blessed to have my family. My wonderful husband, who I love so much and our great kids. And that we get along well with our extended family. But here are some of the small things that make me happy to be alive:
*That early morning cup of coffee before everyone wakes up, preferably with a little hazelnut creamer.
*Good books
*Cuddles from my cats. I know it's a little silly but one of them usually sleeps on their own pillow by my head and it just warms my heart.
*Thunderstorm, rain and snow
* Sunsets
*Gardening

What are some of the things that make you happy to be alive?

I have to absolutely agree with you about being free in Christ... My own mother is a non believer and I have seen her struggle for as long as I can remember.

My kids would be a main reason I am happy to be alive.
The other is that ovet the last few years and especially since my husband was baptized and we began going to church regularly I have felt a calling for our family( so has my husband) and while it's a long process with seemingly little result so far I feel that it is what we are meant to do; it is also a blessing to have the support of some family members.

The number one thing would have to be contemplating how GREAT God is! And right behind that would be counting my blessings....because they include all my loved ones, and the witnesses God has given me over the years that have caused me to trust in His love for us.
But watching new life whether a new chick hatching, or a lamb taking it's first look at the world, or my baby as she develops new skills and understanding, or a new bud growing on a tree I grafted.... or plants popping out of the ground.....from seeds!...these things are marvelous to me.
I love the warm sun with a cool breeze....and swimming!
Listening to night sounds like crickets. The smell of wood smoke or rain.
Music that makes me want to dance....laughter.
Those are some of the g rated things....the other kind are not gonna get posted! LOL

When I start to marvel at YHWH. I just get so blown away. I mean, every night we look up at the stars and the moon and we don't think about it. We can't make those! We can grow grass, breed sheep, make food, build a car, plant a tree etc. We can't even think about making the stars or the moon. The beautiful moon that gives us light at night and just sort of hangs there in the sky. I don't have words to explain how incredible that is. I mean, do you know how far the universe goes? Or how far just our solar system goes? The amount of stars and planets is unfathomable.
And yet, knowing all that, we know more about Mars than we do about the Mariana Trench, which is the deepest part of our planet. In fact, it was only until very recently that scientists thought nothing could live down there, because nothing can live without sunlight. They were wrong. All this stuff we don't know, and YHWH knows it all, he made it all, he thought it all up!
I want to see it all, I want to learn it all, I want to thank YHWH for it all!!!
I also want to sit on my comfy chair and never leave my house, so there's that, lol.

When I start to marvel at YHWH. I just get so blown away. I mean, every night we look up at the stars and the moon and we don't think about it. We can't make those! We can grow grass, breed sheep, make food, build a car, plant a tree etc. We can't even think about making the stars or the moon. The beautiful moon that gives us light at night and just sort of hangs there in the sky. I don't have words to explain how incredible that is. I mean, do you know how far the universe goes? Or how far just our solar system goes? The amount of stars and planets is unfathomable.
And yet, knowing all that, we know more about Mars than we do about the Mariana Trench, which is the deepest part of our planet. In fact, it was only until very recently that scientists thought nothing could live down there, because nothing can live without sunlight. They were wrong. All this stuff we don't know, and YHWH knows it all, he made it all, he thought it all up!
I want to see it all, I want to learn it all, I want to thank YHWH for it all!!!
I also want to sit on my comfy chair and never leave my house, so there's that, lol.

I agree. I love watching animal documentaries because you get to see all the creatures the Lord has created. A lot of times you have to 'eat the meat and spit out the bones' of the documentaries just because evolution is pushed so much in them but that's usually easy to do. You saying you want to know it all makes me think of this part in The Fellowship of The Rings where some of the Hobbit children are sitting at Bilbo's feet listening to him tell them about being captured by trolls. While he is talking the kids just look amazed and and gasp as he's talking - It makes me kind of happy to imagine heaven a little like that. Sitting at the feet of God while He tells us all the marvellous things He's created and being in wonder of it all. :)

Back