• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

July 3rd - Favorite restaurant?

RainyLondonFog

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
1529819879204.jpg

Please say what you like to order as well!

My favorite restaurant right now is Chipotle. I like to get their salad with brown rice, chicken, pico de gallo, corn salsa (the corn salsa is what makes it!) and cheese and sour cream. It's the best. Slumberfreeze found a bunch of recipes to make Chipotle at home and we'll BBQ it all up and make all the sides and eat it for a few days. It's so good!

When I was young we had a restaurant chain called Cobb & Co. I loved it and have very fond memories of it. It was very family focused and for your birthday you ate for free so I remember many birthday celebrations there, my own and friends. Unfortunately they shut down when I was about 18 or so.
They have just been resurrected and started opening restaurants all over the country again. I am hugely excited and want to go visit one, but the closest one is currently a 6 hour drive away. They say they're bringing one near to me soon and I can't wait! Samuel has never been to a Cobb & Co. I'm a little concerned that the experience won't be nearly as much fun as it was when I was a child and I will be rather disappointed though.
BTW, I have no idea if their food is any good ha ha! I remember as a child enjoying their roast and that's about it.

This is a hard one for me because we don't eat out much and I don't enjoy it half of the time we do. I would have to say McDonalds is my favorite only because its quick, easy and I love mocha frappes :)
Home cooked is almost always better, and most off the time healthier too!

I like Mexican food and a cheap authentic tasting option around here is Filiberto's. I used to get a chicken chimichunga with rice and beans...but really enjoy their chili relleno burritos too.

Another choice I might make would be Chinese food.....cause I haven't mastered it at home yet and like it.

Edited to add
@RainyLondonFog
We liked Chiptle a lot more before the local one participated in a fundraiser for a gay straight alliance club.

There is a place here locally in Iowa Called Jethro's BBQ. They have the most AMAZING boneless wings in the world, they have like 6 different sauces for them and then they have a special sauce of the month every month that changes.

Mamacita's.....it's a south Texas place...."Mexican" owned by a very nice Iranian man that would buy our dinner if my mom brought us on our birthdays.....favorite thing.....no lie.....chips and green sauce. And chicken fajitas

This is a hard one for me because we don't eat out much and I don't enjoy it half of the time we do. I would have to say McDonalds is my favorite only because its quick, easy and I love mocha frappes :)

Yes we don't eat out much either, we don't really have anything but so so restaurants and fast food here. Whenever we have Chiptole it's when we are out of town, since there isn't one nearby. Can't go wrong with coffee most of the time though!

I don’t have a favorite restaurant, per se. BUT, I’m willing to eat anywhere that serves some good Mexican food. :)

Totes. Good Mexican food - yaaassss I think majority has commented Mexican food. :)

When I was young we had a restaurant chain called Cobb & Co. I loved it and have very fond memories of it. It was very family focused and for your birthday you ate for free so I remember many birthday celebrations there, my own and friends. Unfortunately they shut down when I was about 18 or so.
They have just been resurrected and started opening restaurants all over the country again. I am hugely excited and want to go visit one, but the closest one is currently a 6 hour drive away. They say they're bringing one near to me soon and I can't wait! Samuel has never been to a Cobb & Co. I'm a little concerned that the experience won't be nearly as much fun as it was when I was a child and I will be rather disappointed though.
BTW, I have no idea if their food is any good ha ha! I remember as a child enjoying their roast and that's about it.

lol even though you don't really remember the food you've made me want to eat there! There is just something about having those childhood memories. I hope it turns out to be everything y0u remember!!

Home cooked is almost always better, and most off the time healthier too!

I like Mexican food and a cheap authentic tasting option around here is Filiberto's. I used to get a chicken chimichunga with rice and beans...but really enjoy their chili relleno burritos too.

Another choice I might make would be Chinese food.....cause I haven't mastered it at home yet and like it.

Edited to add
@RainyLondonFog
We liked Chiptle a lot more before the local one participated in a fundraiser for a gay straight alliance club.

About it being better and healthier at home. That's kind of what drew us to Chipotle, the real ingredients and your able to make better choices than greasy hamburgers. That's so lame that your local Chipotle did that! We don't have one nearby so I've never seen them do anything but make food and take money lol.

I have to say Mexican food. We have a Roberto’s here and on the weekends they have big bowls of menudo. That is my favorite!!! My second fav. is there carne asada fries. Definitely can’t go wrong with Mexican food in my book.

Well. I have to say I am a little terrified of Menudo. We had a man stay with us who was Mexican and him and his mom had some at our house and the smell...but I am now a little curious about it since you said it's your favorite. Carne Asada fries sound delicious!

There is a place here locally in Iowa Called Jethro's BBQ. They have the most AMAZING boneless wings in the world, they have like 6 different sauces for them and then they have a special sauce of the month every month that changes.

Now that's pretty cool! I like the changing sauces! We don't have anything like that around here!

Mamacita's.....it's a south Texas place...."Mexican" owned by a very nice Iranian man that would buy our dinner if my mom brought us on our birthdays.....favorite thing.....no lie.....chips and green sauce. And chicken fajitas

Aww that's awesome!

The Shakespeare Tavern in Atlanta, GA! Gotta have the shepherd's pie and apple crisp. And a few great brews. All while watching a show by the great bard himself. Incredible stage, production, actors... Zec and I had our first date there. Taming of the Shrew. ;)

Just based on the name alone I want to go there! Sounds kind of like Medieval Times, only Shakespeare? Have you been to one before? Is that an accurate comparison? Was it really Taming of the Shrew on your first date?! lol!

Sounds kind of like Medieval Times, only Shakespeare? Have you been to one before? Is that an accurate comparison? Was it really Taming of the Shrew on your first date?
I have not. This is period-accurate theater (aside from the women actors) with an added bonus of food. They actually go through all of the plays, not just the popular ones, every couple of years.

I have very rich tastes in food and it has been so long since I could afford to eat at the restaurants I like.... I guess I would have to say Flying Star Cafe in Albuquerque NM. Or the Frontier across the street from UNM.

Anywhere I don’t have to cook!! I love chicken fried steak- so Cracker Barrel:rolleyes: also, Amalang’s Kitchen- everything is made with love

Back