• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Just finished reading Raising a Modern Day Knight

Soldier4Jesus

Real Person
Male
I just finished reading the book Raising a Modern Day Knight, and found it incredibly moving and inspiring!! This was an excellent book that was recommended by some of the men on this forum. I appreciate you turning me on to this book. The book outlines what a real Christian man should be. Sadly, these things were never taught to me as I was growing up. I want to raise my son in this righteous way, and for that, I must first exlemplify living as the modern day knight. For it is written that: "Only the son of a knight may become a knight."

This book has caused me to become even more inspired to live for God and to serve Him by aggressively following His path and serving God, my country, and my family. The book deals with the need we as men have to gain the approval of our father, and have him be proud of us. I realized that I not only want my earthly father to be proud of me, but I also desire that my Heavenly Father be proud of me!

This morning I attended a military Christian service here at the small chapel at Camp Afrijan, Kuwait, where I currently am as I await transport to Afghanistan. I approached the altar, and knelt as I prayed. Then I had a conversation with the Army Chaplain who was pastoring the service. He asked me my troubles, and I told him I wanted to be sure that this was the path God intended me to be on, and I told him that as a child of God, I wanted His approval, and Him to be proud of me. The Chaplain prayed as he layed hands on me. It was very powerful, and in a word, awesome! The Chaplain assured me that Heavenly Father is proud of me, and that I am walking in God's light and in His path. This spiritual experience and assurance that My Lord is proud of me is sticking with me all day, and I find myself beaming and uplifted now in His spirit!

I've read it a few times and personally think it's one of the best dad books ever! Currently use it as the template for dadding my boys to men.

Blessings to you brother and thanks for your service sir! God's speed!

Richard, if you have not read it yet, I highly recommend it!

The book was especially useful to me personally. It caused me to stand before the proverbial mirror and take a hard look at my own self and ask I am truly worthy of knighthood. The book offers a code, and defines what a man should be: Reject Passivity, Accept Responsibility, Lead Courageously, Expect the Greater Reward (God's Reward). This has become my own code, and has made me a better man already.

That sounds exciting. I have already ordered it and it is expected to be delivered by Friday. I also ordered additional copies for my adult son and son-n-law. Looking forward to reading it.

Take care,
Richard

Thanks, @Soldier4Jesus for bringing this back to my conscience. A topic covered late t his weekend at the retreat is our battle for sons. I'll be ordering copies today for us to work through together.

Back