• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Just Funny Memes

What is all this newfangled teenager talk going on in here? Based? Out of where? Is someone playing hide and go seek? Who is on first base?

A friend of mine and I did who's on first in 7th grade for our little talent show.
Now I want to rewrite the routine with political shenanigans

Last edited:
No I don't think I was clear. I'm asking what's based?
To break all of the rules of funny memes by being serious for a moment....🥸 according to wikipedia: slang term “based,” which means being agreeable, cool, and unswayed by common culture.

My personal definition would say based in reality (though whose reality is up for personal interpretation).

No I don't think I was clear. I'm asking what's based?

Based - to feel confident in one's values and morals. To express them in an unafraid and upfront fashion.
Essentially it is to have a strong moral or factual position upon which you stand with respect to ethics and politics.

In a sentence by way of example

Woman who are looking for traditional husbands who are interested in a life as a husband, a father and a head of home are all vying for the attention of the most based men available.

tumblr_leh0pmrzSR1qbu1qvo1_500 (1).gif

R/whoosh

I knew I needed to add some indication in that abbott and costello reference that I was kidding. I guess my sarcasm was totes mid.

R/whoosh

I knew I needed to add some indication in that abbott and costello reference that I was kidding. I guess my sarcasm was totes mid.
Says the guy with the teenage vernacular

Just the issue with talking to a lot of literalist types.
I got it but still chugged on my way with respect what it put me in mind of. Cause I liked the notion you inadvertently put in my head

Based - to feel confident in one's values and morals. To express them in an unafraid and upfront fashion.
Essentially it is to have a strong moral or factual position upon which you stand with respect to ethics and politics.

In a sentence by way of example

Woman who are looking for traditional husbands who are interested in a life as a husband, a father and a head of home are all vying for the attention of the most based men available.

View attachment 7270
Thank you! I appreciate not having to ask Google as I never went to school and don't try to keep up with modern venacular.

In the same vein:
View attachment 7265
Seriously, the Gospel truly can sound like that. It actually takes some thought to present it better.
Perhaps that even IS a good approach!

Yeshua is as much a conqueror as he is a savior. He WILL conquer the world as he did Hell, Death, and the Grave.

So many young people today are obsessed with stories about powerful heroes or demi-gods (just look at the mass popularity of Rick Riordan's writings or something like DUNE). Well, much like Moses, perhaps we need to point out to people that Yah is the ALMIGHTY ONE. He is the greatest of the gods. And likewise Yeshua, son of man, is the King of kings and Lord of lords. He is the ultimate hero, savior, conqueror, and worthy to be praised and feared. Given power and authority over all of the Father's dominion.

It's true that many people need to be convinced of the love of God, but I think just as many need to be inspired to be in awe of Him.

To break all of the rules of funny memes by being serious for a moment....🥸 according to wikipedia: slang term “based,” which means being agreeable, cool, and unswayed by common culture.

My personal definition would say based in reality (though whose reality is up for personal interpretation).
Best definition so far.

Back