• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Kody Brown, and the lack of sisterwives

It definitely is a difficult pill for me to swallow, I don't even know if I could do it myself. Though I still believe in the case of plural marriage the man being the leader is an absolute necessity, I wouldn't enter into a plural marriage until I was ready to accept that.

Good answer.
The last thing anyone should consider is entering into any marriage unless the intention is for the long haul.

Definitely, once I'm in, I'm in. I'd like to do more than just "accept" it though, I'd like to live it because I feel called to do so. I just have to get over some things in my head first lol.
Marriage is permanent so that's a sensible approach and one where you'll save yourself and your future husband from some unnecessary pressures. However you will still learn as you go because living the reality puts theory into practice. Read and learn as much as you can talking with others but be prepared for challenges to arise. A friend of mine had a moto for life; Expect the unexpected. It fits well. Shalom

Definitely, once I'm in, I'm in. I'd like to do more than just "accept" it though, I'd like to live it because I feel called to do so. I just have to get over some things in my head first lol.

It is understandable.

When you live inside of a bubble (cultural), it is difficult to see that it is in fact a bubble, especially if it is so big you can't see the edge

The unfortunate thing is that while most of us here in favor of women having agency and control over her life etc, the fact is that without a significant percentage of women in their natural role, the world goes into collapse. It is happening now.
Y'all are very very much needed in your original feminine role just as we desperately need men to reclaim their masculinity.
The world needs families.

The unfortunate thing is that while most of us here in favor of women having agency and control over her life etc, the fact is that without a significant percentage of women in their natural role, the world goes into collapse. It is happening now.
Y'all are very very much needed in your original feminine role just as we desperately need men to reclaim their masculinity.
The world needs families.
Amen. Preach it!! 👍

And then there was 1...
Lol I shouldn't laugh....

It's been said before that if all you do is trade one for another...it's not polygyny. You have to KEEP them both (or all), to succeed at polygyny.

...but publicity probably didn't help them any.
It's actually really sad that they gave up on each other.

.but publicity probably didn't help them any.
The show didn't help. I saw two episodes of the show, and they had their sit down talking moments in front of the camera where all they did was bitch about each other. I'm assuming they were encouraged to do this for ratings along the way, the juicier the stuff said in there the better. But it removes communication. Instead of talking to each other about the problems, they're talking to a camera.

The show didn't help. I saw two episodes of the show, and they had their sit down talking moments in front of the camera where all they did was bitch about each other. I'm assuming they were encouraged to do this for ratings along the way, the juicier the stuff said in there the better. But it removes communication. Instead of talking to each other about the problems, they're talking to a camera.

The show producers stirred up drama because that's what people like to see. My family would be a mostly boring show because most every day we just go about our chores and our day just like anyone else does. The absence of any heart-stopping conflict or drama would probably be incredibly boring to the majority of people who demand constant attention and constant stimulation.

"Tune in tomorrow to watch Megan do the laundry again!"

The show producers stirred up drama because that's what people like to see. My family would be a mostly boring show because most every day we just go about our chores and our day just like anyone else does. The absence of any heart-stopping conflict or drama would probably be incredibly boring to the majority of people who demand constant attention and constant stimulation.

"Tune in tomorrow to watch Megan do the laundry again!"
I would never badmouth my husband in public like that, and I'd be horrified if he did it to me. So if it were a show about my family:

Producer: Tell me how you feel about Samuel.
Me: I love him
Producer: And how did you feel when he did this one thing that was a bit annoying
Me: Fine. I'll live with it. He's an amazing man.
Producer: And what about how he really really annoys you.
Me: I never said he did, and if he did I wouldn't tell you.

And so we'd go around in circles lol.

I would never badmouth my husband in public like that, and I'd be horrified if he did it to me. So if it were a show about my family:
And so we'd go around in circles lol.
And you'd never get a show to begin with. ESPECIALLY if you started to talk about Scripture, accurately, and suggested it be read "as Written..."

Back