• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Labyrinths Emma Jung, Her Marriage to Carl, and the Early Years of Psychoanalysis

lutherangirl

Real Person
Female
Wow! I'm finally reading a book about Carl Jung, because I'm very interested in how the brain works and such. I didn't realize Carl Jung promoted polygamy while Freud was not too much on board with it. One of Jung's private patients, Antonia-Toni Wolff, spent many hours with the Jung Family. "The children where told to call her Tante Toni and be nice to her and to include her in family life." I don't know if they every public or official about their arrangement as polygamous marriage or not since it occurred around 1913. Does anyone here know more about this?

That would be very interesting to know.

I guess I should have posted this after reading the whole book; however, I'm discovering so much interesting information along the way that I don't want to forget it. In Switzerland they were all three invited to parties and such. Both women were very educated and, although "accepted" in their circle of friends, people always felt sorry for Emma (as whom we would call the first wife). While all their neighbors went to church on Sundays, the Jung's didn't. Carl Jung grew up as a pastor's kid but he had some abuse issues that I'm assuming made him skeptically about "church". I don't want to give out too much information in case anyone here wants to read the book, but other points that I'm loving to read about is how the children felt about their parents' relationship and how a man can love two different women for different reasons.

Back