• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Lack of fatherly blessings due to racism

patriarch777

Male
If a father disaproves of a daughter’s suitor due to racism, and tells her to stop seeing the young man, is she biblically or morally obligated to submit?

I am asking because I recently heard about this bigotted group of Christians. The name of their movement is called “Christian Identity” .

If a father disaproves of a daughter’s suitor due to racism, and tells her to stop seeing the young man, is she biblically or morally obligated to submit?

I am asking because I recently heard about this bigotted group of Christians. The name of their movement is called “Christian Identity” .

Christan Identity groups have a lot more things wrong with them than that.

And what do you think "submit" means? Give a practical example. This word means too many different things to different people, what are you actually asking?

I am asking the men on this forum if they believe that a single, Christian woman must give up on a potential husband if her dad tells her to , because of racism on his part.

But what do you mean by "must"? What are the practical implications of what you are asking?

As for the practical aspect, what is a Christian, single woman, who believes in father headship to do if she has a racist dad?

What do you think? I’m curious to hear. Given you already have two wives, and you indicate you have a patriarchal background and belief, I’d like to know your thoughts.

And what if she says no?

How strong is your question?

See, this isn't about racism. Racism is just an emotive example. What you are fundamentally asking is, if a woman's father doesn't like her prospective husband for some reason that I think is inappropriate, does she have to obey / submit to him?

And that cannot be understood unless we know the strength of the question. If she refuses, does God say 'naughty girl, one more sin, oh, I just forgave you, good girl'? Or are you asking if the father has the right to physically force her to obey his will? Or somewhere between these extremes?

See that without clarifying what you think the practical implication of submit or obey is, your question is so vague that any answer can be interpreted to mean different things by every reader.

What do you think? I’m curious to hear. Given you already have two wives, and you indicate you have a patriarchal background and belief, I’d like to know your thoughts.

I believe that in the case of a racist dad, an exception should be made.I am half Salvadorean and my second wife’s dad hated me because he was(is) anti-latino. If my wife had submitted to him, then I would not have a great marriage to a wonderful woman.

I believe that in the case of a racist dad, an exception should be made.I am half Salvadorean and my second wife’s dad hated me because he was(is) anti-latino. If my wife had submitted to him, then I would not have a great marriage to a wonderful woman.

What was his views about polygamy?

And that cannot be understood unless we know the strength of the question. If she refuses, does God say 'naughty girl, one more sin, oh, I just forgave you, good girl'? Or are you asking if the father has the right to physically force her to obey his will? Or somewhere between these extremes?
r.

somewhere in between the 2 extremes

So you're saying that a woman should obey her father when deciding who to marry - unless he is addicted to something, wasn't involved in raising her, is anti-polygamy, or a racist. Where do you find this in scripture?
somewhere in between the 2 extremes
Where in between the two extremes? You're still being far too vague for me to understand what you're actually saying.

So you're saying that a woman should obey her father when deciding who to marry - unless he is addicted to something, wasn't involved in raising her, is anti-polygamy, or a racist. Where do you find this in scripture?.

I forgot to mention- if the woman's dad had severe, untreated mental illness that would also be an exception.

Racism is not mentioned in scripture IIRC as being wrong, but I think (hope) most of us agree that it is. As a Latino, racism is something that I refuse to accept. Do you or anyone on this online forum think I should have not married my second wife because of her dad's lack of assent to to racism & being anti poly?

Back