• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Ladies! Lets show off our baking!

Those look amazing. Would you share a recipe for them?

And I'm so impressed you bake with a wood stove!
My hubby found the recipe. It is divas can cook located Here.

I do a double batch every Saturday for our coffee and sweets hosting.

For the caramel, I take 2 cups of sucanat and put it in the vitamix with 1/2 cup milk and 1 TBS cornstarch. I blend it smooth, then scrape all I can into a shallow pan and bring it to a boil. After it's good and hot I put it back in the vitamix and blend in a cube of butter and a teaspoon or two of vanilla (I use four fold vanilla from Azure Standard)
It is usually thick enough to spoon it on and we usually spread it to cover the tops with a basting brush. It helps keep 'em from drying out.

Sometimes we do cream cheese glaze, but I use like 8 oz of cream cheese and four ounces of butter, only a cup of powdered sugar and a tsp of vanilla....then we add milk until is is very spreadable.

Cream cheese pound cake topped with a homemade fresh strawberry sauce and homemade whipped cream.
View attachment 5039

Strawberry Dutch baby/puff pancake/high-protein pancakes- there are several regional names for these!
View attachment 5040

Pecan shortbread bars
View attachment 5041
Yum!!! Is all I can say. I love strawberry pound cake. And would you be willing to share the Dutch baby pancake recipe? I am always looking for good healthy breakfast options.

You ladies are amazing! I am pretty limited in my baking/ cooking skills but am eager to improve. I am presently using an RV cook top and oven. It’s small and a bit challenging (thermostats off) but I am grateful to have it. But even when I had a full kitchen I couldn’t make half of those things. I am super impressed by y’all!!

ascake.jpg

Apricot spice cake. It's my all-purpose spice cake but with over-ripe apricots instead of raisins or cranberries.

It came out of the oven around noon and disappeared before one. I'd tell you how it tasted but I didn't get any! :p

Back