• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Language Nerds is this helpful for 1 Cor. 7:2?

NS4Liberty

Male
I'm not sure how this link will work, so the passage is the last paragraph of page 57 discussing a change in the use of idios over time and then continues on the next page. Can someone who knows what this all means explain it in layman's terms?

I'm not sure how this link will work, so the passage is the last paragraph of page 57 discussing a change in the use of idios over time and then continues on the next page. Can someone who knows what this all means explain it in layman's terms?

Shalom, I would say that this is talking about "Classical Greek" its a little different than the writing in 1 Corinthians 7:2 which is written in Koine Greek. I don't think this helps this case. Yahweh bless and shalom to your homes.

Nothing new. Page 60, Thus, once again the context is crucial to interpretation. Same rules for all interpretation; context, context, context. Shalom

Last edited:
Back