• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Let’s play twister...

Asforme&myhouse

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Bible twister, that is.

https://www.missioalliance.org/husbands-submit-to-your-wives/

Questions:
Which is the main verse that she took out of context that brought her to her conclusions?

Why shouldn’t we listen to her?

Which verse or verses of scripture could we use to correct her creation order fallacy?

Instead of just rejecting what she said out of hand, let’s take it apart piece by piece to see why she is wrong.

*pops popcorn, glances back at the article and realizes that the amount is going to be totally inadequate*
*pops a whole lot more*

Bible twister, that is.

https://www.missioalliance.org/husbands-submit-to-your-wives/

Questions:
Which is the main verse that she took out of context that brought her to her conclusions?

Why shouldn’t we listen to her?

Which verse or verses of scripture could we use to correct her creation order fallacy?

Instead of just rejecting what she said out of hand, let’s take it apart piece by piece to see why she is wrong.

I couldn’t get all the way through it. I will enjoy watching you guys pick it apart.

I got about 30% of the article read and it’s getting late and I have to be at church by 7:15. So, maybe, maybe not, I’ll get back and finish the article.

The author said, “Husbands submit to your wife”. This knowingly going into Biblical disobedience and rebellion. (Biblical reference will be posted)

Another part says, ‘in the old days when women obeyed husbands with a meek, weak, and passive heart. I have no idea what she is implying by passive heart, however, meek and weak are on different ends of the scale. In Matthew 5 we read, ‘Bleesed are the meek forbthey shall inherit the earth”. Dr Luck explains in his study of Matthew, meek is not a wimp. (Paraphrased) meek is a strong individual who chooses to follow the lord, his overseer, and I the case of a husband, Christ. Who the wife should follow is coming.

She spoke of doormat theology and not Biblical theology. Frankly speaking, this is her self professed theology. The gospel according to Tara Beth Leach. This doormat theology has forgotten we should love our wives as Christ loved the church and gave himself for us. Defending the church with His life. As a husband will defend his wife with his life. Doesn’t sound much like he’s thinking of his wife as a doormat.

She states submissive is weakness. Here’s a little side note, personal perspective. She probably married a woos and has no respect for him and has trouble submitting to a she-boy. Maybe she should have thought it through prior to the marriage.

She uses Ephesians 5:21 as her argument. 21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

I now understand, she’s cherry picking. The next few verses answer this verse. Verse 21 only says submission in a general way. However, the next few verses break it all down

Ephesians 22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. fin everything to their husbands.

She may be a nice lady, but her take on Biblical Studies has nothing to do with Biblical original intent, but has to do with Political Correctness, a Jezebel attitude and a self elevated perception of her self worth.

Time to hit the sack.

She uses Ephesians 5:21 as her argument. 21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

I now understand, she’s cherry picking. The next few verses answer this verse. Verse 21 only says submission in a general way. However, the next few verses break it all down

Ephesians 22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. fin everything to their husbands.

I agree, and i think you nailed Q#1 here ^^^

That’s the main verse that she pulled out of its context and then used it to validate the rest of her claims.

I can't exert that much force on myself... I gave up. :rolleyes:
Sometimes the job of a patriarch is an ugly and thankless job. :D

But seriously, can we forgive @Asforme&myhouse for subjecting us to this? It may take a while. :cool:

I like to carry out every idea to its ultimate position.

So if we are to all be submitted to one another in in the way that the lady is teaching, (it doesn’t mean that, but let’s humor her) then that would mean that Yeshua must be submitted to me.

Let’s just say that he seems to be failing in the submission department. He looks to be treating it like a one-way street.

I got about 30% of the article read and it’s getting late and I have to be at church by 7:15. So, maybe, maybe not, I’ll get back and finish the article.

The author said, “Husbands submit to your wife”. This knowingly going into Biblical disobedience and rebellion. (Biblical reference will be posted)

Another part says, ‘in the old days when women obeyed husbands with a meek, weak, and passive heart. I have no idea what she is implying by passive heart, however, meek and weak are on different ends of the scale. In Matthew 5 we read, ‘Bleesed are the meek forbthey shall inherit the earth”. Dr Luck explains in his study of Matthew, meek is not a wimp. (Paraphrased) meek is a strong individual who chooses to follow the lord, his overseer, and I the case of a husband, Christ. Who the wife should follow is coming.

She spoke of doormat theology and not Biblical theology. Frankly speaking, this is her self professed theology. The gospel according to Tara Beth Leach. This doormat theology has forgotten we should love our wives as Christ loved the church and gave himself for us. Defending the church with His life. As a husband will defend his wife with his life. Doesn’t sound much like he’s thinking of his wife as a doormat.

She states submissive is weakness. Here’s a little side note, personal perspective. She probably married a woos and has no respect for him and has trouble submitting to a she-boy. Maybe she should have thought it through prior to the marriage.

She may be a nice lady, but her take on Biblical Studies has nothing to do with Biblical original intent, but has to do with Political Correctness, a Jezebel attitude and a self elevated perception of her self worth.

Time to hit the sack.

Good on you Phillip for taking the time to give a thoughtful answer...

I wish I had the time this morning to dig into this properly. Hopefully I can this weekend.

Initial take away is that she has redefined the word submission to no longer mean "yield to the authority over you" and instead to mean "showing sacrificial love".

With this new definition she makes the argument that we should "submit" to one another. Which using the new definition I would agree. In fact Chirst himself said to love one another. Also with this new definition she points to Christ's sacrificial love for the Church as the example of how husbands are supposed to "submit" to their wives.

However using the actual definition of submission her entire argument falls apart.

Back