• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Let your wife run your home

GeneKennedy

So I hear that there are men that are letting their wife or wives set the tone for their home. Boy, do I think this is a great idea. So much so that I think that we should tell the God that we serve that he is an old and stupid God. In fact I think that we should stand up and with a loud voice tell Jesus Christ that he is about as stupid about families as he is about telling us how to run them. Also we should tell him that we are not responsible to Him on how we raise our families.

Jesus Christ GET OUT OF OUR HOME!!!!!!!

So will you join in this statement with me? Will you tell Jesus Christ he is a fool? Because when you let your wife or wives run your home, that is what you are telling him, in actions if not in words. Are you about to tell the creator of the universe, maker of Heaven and Earth, the God that gives us life and breath, that He is so stupid that he could not direct you in how to run a family?

Well sir, that is what alot of men are doing. You are telling the Lord Jesus Christ that his Word is not truth, but a lie. You tell me that you would never say that to Jesus, but you are a liar, if you are letting your wife/wives run your home.

God has put you as the head of your home and he expects and commands that you do so, just as has Christ himself would run your home, if he was there in the flesh. You sir, are agreeing with Satan if you are not willing to lead your family. Tell me again who is your LORD?

Listen to me carefully, I know full well the issue of running a home and being a leader of that home. I have 3 wives and there are days, that they try to buck me or take control. They will manipulate and Gods word tells us this in Genesis 3:16 and believe it or not the NLT, that is not a word for word translation got it right.

Genesis 3:16
New Living Translation (NLT)

Then he said to the woman,
“I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy,
and in pain you will give birth.
And you will desire to control your husband,
but he will rule over you.”

If you let your wife/wives run your home, this is what you are doing and saying

1 You are calling Jesus Christ a liar.

2 You are telling Jesus Christ that he knows nothing about managing a home.

3 You are teaching your kids that the Word of God is a lie.

4 You are teaching your kids and wives, that you don't have to listen to the Word of God, if you don't like it or if it is just to hard for you.

5 You are teaching your kids and family, that when someone is put in charge in their life and they don't like what they say or do, that they are under no responsibility to be answer to that authorities word (so they will not hold a real job for long, hope you like your kids living with you for ever).

6 If they are given authority, that they are not bound to be responsible for that family, job, or anything else for that matter.

7 You are making your wife/wives fearful, because, if God put you in charge and they can just throw a hisy fit and you back down, what will happen when something big happens?

8 If you do have more than one wife then how can they feel safe if they can be thrown out by the man that she loves, because her sister wife threw a fit and now instead of just pleasing you, she has to be worried about everyone else (way to go guys, way to protect your families).

In short I have heard of men that kick out wives, because the other one is not happy (for what ever reason) or the home becomes uncomfortable ,because there is no safety net, no ultimate authority that they can go to, and you are telling the Lord Jesus Christ that he is a liar and His Word does not really matter.

So men if that is what you want "LET YOUR WIVES RUN YOUR HOME"!

I'm doing a "happy dance" right about now!!! Thank you for saying this!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Much of what I see or hear about is a bunch of wussy males who take a woman and then when things don't go as expected that wus turns around and puts her out.

Excellent post, Gene. Couldn't agree more. But it still doesn't solve the question of what a husband is to DO if a wife, or her children, categorically deny his authority. Cuss him out. Threaten to beat on him if he crosses them (examines their room, for instance), or actually do so?

A woman or kids who are beaten by the one who represents God to them SHOULD automatically and immediately leave, IMO. God does not do so. (I' not talking about reasonable and measured corporal punishment of children, but of angry beating!) But what of men receiving ill treatment from those in their care? God put up with an awful lot from us.

"Not tolerate it?" Hmmm. Just what does that mean? Cast 'em out? (I'm talking now especially about teenaged step children, and a situation where the mom has not backed up his authority over them in the household.)

What does God do to/for us? That would seem to be the standard. He continues to provide for the just AND the unjust. He is merciful and kind even to the ungrateful and evil. In fact, He even sent His Son to die for us, and has pursued us individually, when we were at actual WAR against Him!

I think we all "get" the theory of authority and rulership. Men are the head of the household and are to lead. And for some men, that will work relatively seamlessly. All in the family share the same vision. Children were raised with it being the way it is since babies. For others, particularly those who may have tried to put James 1:27 into practice, the "do", the enforcement, may be a wee bit more complicated.

I'd love to hear from someone wiser than i, one who has successfully dealt with a situation as or more complicated than the one described above.

cecil wrote:
But it still doesn't solve the question of what a husband is to DO if a wife, or her children, categorically deny his authority.
And what if a woman agrees to most of her man's leadership, but "gets her back up" on certain things? For instance, having a temper tantrum when the subject of the man entering into a union with a second woman is brought up. ("Marrying a second wife" for those of you who insist on using the terminology of the state-run marriage system.)

It can be reasonably argued that such a woman is not submitting to her man's authority at all, based on this:
James 2:10 NKJV For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
It can also be compared to treating the Bible as if it were a smorgasbord - you pick and choose what you like, but rationalize away the things you don't like.

So, that brings us back to Cecil's question, quoted above.

I'm not qualified to discuss what to do with children who are totally rebellious, having never had to deal with that. I raised two well-behaved daughters who were a real joy to be the father of. But as to a covenant partner (wife, for those of you in Rio Linda) who rebels, well, I'm glad that my daughters did not follow the example of their mother.

That problem took care of itself. She divorced me long before I discovered the truth about Evangelical Patriarchy. The divorce was her choice, not mine.

And now, back to my question about a woman who is rebellious only about certain things: I have found that patience is the best way to deal with problems like that. But, of course, that presupposes that the woman is a true born-again believer and wants to be obedient to God. (This entire discussion presupposes that the man/head is totally surrendered to the Lord!) My lovely Navajo Princess and I have worked through many such problems, and are still working on a few others. If I just get mad and start yelling at her, it makes the problem worse. But if I am patient, and allow both of us time to discover what the Bible says, we resolve the problem. (And I'm not always right! :eek: )

But for a woman who is not a real Christian, that does not work. She needs to get saved and surrender totally to the Lord; if that does not happen, she will probably end her relationship with you.

To all that brought out question about what is this happens or that happens or this wife will not submit in all things, what about kids.

Well on top of being married to 3 wonderful wives I have worked with high behavior adults for that last 11 years and I will tell you that when behaviors happen you want to stay calm and know how our kids think and then act justly but smartly so that the judgment become a life lesson as well if at all possible.

As to the men that want to get a 2nd wife but the 1 wife says no. The first thing you need to do is pray for your wife and never get rid of one marriage to get another one

the long and the short is when it is important to lead then lead other wise don't micromanage

just as i am the leader of our family under Yeshua, i expect my wife to "run the home" under me.

just as i have no permission to run my "kingdom" arbitrarily and capriciously, neither does she.

i am required to run my family in a responsible (not independant) manner, and so is she in her "kingdom".

of course it will be more complicated with additional wives, but the principles are there.

Back