• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Links on Feminism

Well loved wife

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
https://fwsablog.org.uk/2015/06/11/rants-of-a-feminine-feminist/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminist_theory

https://rachelheldevans.com/blog/patriarchy

https://www.righteouswarriors.com/controversial/article3.html

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015...-your-husband-is-a-dangerous-doctrine/6290304

https://answersingenesis.org/family/gender/the-influence-of-postmodernism-part-5-feminism/

Im sure this thread will be bypassed by many, because it’s simply not of some people’s interest or they don’t feel like reading what they’re already aware of.
I’m very interested in feminism, patriarchy, and godly homes/families.
It’s my opinion, if you can recognize lies, half the battle is won. The other half is knowing truth, wearing one’s armor and hiding His Word in our hearts that we might not sin against thee (the Lord). This half is where the rubber meets the road. I must turn from the whisper of the serpent and don’t touch the fruit.... Eve knew truth and the consequence, but chose to live the lie.
Though I don’t think that Feminism will be able to be fought in our society and won, I do believe it can be cleared out of our homes for the generation we are raising up for Him. It’s also why I don’t promote plural marriage, it’s already promoted in our culture but in a misconstrued way. I promote and stand for Biblical Marriage, Biblical Roles, Biblical leadership and followship. That’s the home front battle. Line our lives up to His Word, then we can walk in the direction He has for us without a wife balking (too much anyway :rolleyes:) at his leadership from the father, (which might include poly).
I didn’t know I wasn’t in Biblical submission until I started reading about feminism. Ach, I’d say I even subscribed to some of the mindsets of feminism. When I began to read about anti patriarchy I saw God’s role for husbands and the wives so much more clearly. By learning about lies, truth came out. Verses and Biblical truths began to come to mind. By applying truth, lies are able to come out (being shed from your life). Just my experience.
If anyone has interesting and helpful information or links I’d like to read it.

I read a couple of those... incredibly painful.

Yes, men, sinful, can and do abuse their God-ordained place by not loving their women as Messiah lived the church... but, that fact in no way ends Biblical patriarchy.

Those articles leave out or twist so much that it makes my head hurt.

Yes, men, sinful, can and do abuse their God-ordained place by not loving their women as Messiah lived the church... but, that fact in no way ends Biblical patriarchy.
Those articles leave out or twist so much that it makes my head hurt.
Satan’s lies don’t have to be our own.
They are twisted, just like in the beginning, it’s how we are deceived into questioning and doubting God’s or our husbands word...
Patriarchy (headship/leadership) is a as much of a choice to submit to God’s design for men as it is for women to submit to God’s design by obeying their husbands (followship).
Not long ago that realization hit me, I had to choose whom I was serving.
The loss of godly leadership and humility in our homes, society, and churches deeply saddens me.

Not long ago that realization hit me, I had to choose whom I was serving.
This morning, I was having a conversation with @Pacman when he made one of those blindingly obvious yet oh so easily ignored statements of truth. He said, 'I just keep finding that when I do things according to Scripture we have happiness and peace. It is when we do things our own way that trouble begins.'

True in every area, but especially visible as the church pursues varying degrees of feminism that chaos comes. Soft egalitarianism IS rebellion. .. just not as rebellious as 'those people.' It's a heart issue. Either entirely submitted to Yah and His ways or entirely unsubmitted. There are not gradients of rebellion... just gradients of manifestation.

if you can recognize lies, half the battle is won.

I would say the more we read study and obey the holy scriptures, we will recognize the lies when they show their ugly face.
Here is something to think about a bank does not teach its tellers about counterfeit money by showing them counterfeit money, they teach their tellers what the real money looks like, what it feels like that way they will know beyond the shadow of a doubt when a counterfeit comes to their hands. that way they will know beyond the shadow of a doubt when a counterfeit comes to their hands.

This morning, I was having a conversation with @Pacman when he made one of those blindingly obvious yet oh so easily ignored statements of truth. He said, 'I just keep finding that when I do things according to Scripture we have happiness and peace. It is when we do things our own way that trouble begins.'

True in every area, but especially visible as the church pursues varying degrees of feminism that chaos comes. Soft egalitarianism IS rebellion. .. just not as rebellious as 'those people.' It's a heart issue. Either entirely submitted to Yah and His ways or entirely unsubmitted. There are not gradients of rebellion... just gradients of manifestation.
Boy I am finding this to be sooo true. I will share that Husband and I have had a few conversations about how, although I totally agree and embrace this truth, it is a process for me. One of the main reasons is that for 20 years I have had no husband or covering of any kind, other than Yahweh Himself. So I have always gone directly to Him for guidance in all matters. Now that I have a husband to act as that "go between", I still catch myself unknowingly usurping his authority just because that is my default mode! It can be as simple as how to best install vinyl flooring to a major financial decision. But I'm trying to be transparent with him about what's happening in my head and heart as I process through it, and he is being SO gracious. And it helps that we both have a pretty good sense of humor. :rolleyes:

So, lets all be better about this and work on using gender neutral language when unsure, and/or ask individuals about their preferred gendered pronouns.
I personally would feel insulted if anyone ever asked me which pronoun I prefer. I would think it should be obvious.

I would say the more we read study and obey the holy scriptures, we will recognize the lies when they show their ugly face.
Here is something to think about a bank does not teach its tellers about counterfeit money by showing them counterfeit money, they teach their tellers what the real money looks like, what it feels like that way they will know beyond the shadow of a doubt when a counterfeit comes to their hands. that way they will know beyond the shadow of a doubt when a counterfeit comes to their hands.
I’ve also heard they study the counterfeits just as much so they’ll be easy to catch the falseness/errors.

So, lets all be better about this and work on using gender neutral language when unsure, and/or ask individuals about their preferred gendered pronouns.
I personally would feel insulted if anyone ever asked me which pronoun I prefer. I would think it should be obvious.
It’s a head scratcher. I don’t get it. I’m proud to be a female, a woman, a helpmeet, a wife, a Momma. What God made me to be.
IMO questioning the gender of individuals is just another way of diminishing God as the Creator. It’s part of Evolution. We begin to question who/what we are then Satan can continue with his lies of who made us. ‘Did God really say’ won’t be part of our mindset, culture is so far past what God has to say. We won’t even question if there really is a God? It’s just another link in the evolution movement to diminish life and God’s power. It’s irksome!

This scenario sounds good, and I’d heard it myself for years. It’s actually not entirely true. They do teach them to be familiar with the real deal, but not exclusively. They also make sure that they are very familiar with historical examples of counterfeiting as well as updates on the latest batches and types coming thru. They are constantly continuing to educate their people by any means necessary

For some reason this video made me think of this thread, it is quite the cocktail of modern thinking.

Edit: If a mod can think of a better place for this feel free to move it.

I love his deer in the headlights look as he pulled the script out lol

These are nice sentiments but they are not foolproof. We read the scriptures through the lens we were taught. So egalitarian Christians can read the scriptures about submission and every time see mutual submission (which concept actually plays out as headship of the wife). It's hard to break free of that.

For some reason this video made me think of this thread, it is quite the cocktail of modern thinking.

Edit: If a mod can think of a better place for this feel free to move it.

"disrespecting the divine goddess that you are"

The people of the world can see what's going on.

Back