• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Little column A, little column B

paterfamilias

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Dont recall which conversation it was here on the site but I have been predicting here and in personal conversations recently that the interest in plural marriage is going to see a significant uptick with the world going to hell in a hand basket. Troubled times and women who might not have previously considered polygamy, thinking that the safety of an established family has more appeal sort of a thing.

Well, I think I am seeing a significant bump in the amount of Canadian women looking at plig life recently. Don't think any of them will be an ideal match for us, plus I have been burned by the foreign country and immigration thing before so, loads less interest but I have been contacted by three in just just over a week. That seems pretty significant to me.

The column A and B part comes in with the fact that everything is apt to at minimum go full depression and likely significantly far worse globally. So yeah, its nice more woman are interested in plural marriage and soon we will see loads more...but this is a total crap way for it to happen.

I agree and see the same thing. In good times women have more choices and in bad times they have fewer good choices.

This life is a good choice but it comes with social costs that can be overcome by a bad economy.

I agree and see the same thing. In good times women have more choices and in bad times they have fewer good choices.

This life is a good choice but it comes with social costs that can be overcome by a bad economy.
Give the lady a cigar.

One of the things I am looking for to is more women looking for a family rather than some sort of hedonistic adventure....not sure how to change the ratio of couples and men who are more family focused than having some sort of fantasy...fairly certain tjat hard times won't effect that much.

I've been having a correspondence with someone and we've shared about how men/families that have two wives have a much easier time attracting a third or fourth wife. The situation and the man being a proven provider are very important to potential plurals and I had been one of them. I'd visited two couples and they were nice enough but then I visited my family which had two wives and kids by both wives and I was attracted.

I've long said that I joined my family back then and it is true. My love for my husband came later.

You're right that it's more a domestic commitment than anything hedonistic. Been saying that for years now. You ought to see the laundry I do every day! And my cookware is measured in gallons and not quarts! I also would not trade this for even the fanciest life in Hollywood!

And that is pretty much our goal ie spend a significant amount of time with them in a non date context. I can do charming well enough that women wish to take the next steps but I am more interested in it being a permanent arrangement than the infatuation of a moment or of a few years. I figure that as in your case, the family will be the more attractive part of the equation and that perhaps they can learn to love the big ugly ape.

I am curious about one aspect though. By way of context...I flatter myself that I know how to do loving relationships and I can even manage charming. I am not so great I suspect at courting over a longer period, well successfully courting. In the past it has been jumping into full relationship with all that entails, feet first and as if propelled by a cannon. So, I am trying to imagine the process of having a woman in my home and seeing how well she meshes with the family...when presumably you each find each other attractive enough on one level or another to follow through with the process. Trying to avoid circumstances wherein the potential for er...intimacy...might come up. And that is presuming that one wishes to avoid it. Will admit to Very mixed feelings on the matter.

Or am I getting the horse and cart equation out of order? With your church...put the word in the right ear that we could use a branch in North Texas as we have a goodly number of the aspirational sort in the area, so apt to be fertile fields...what do the single women and the families each know about the other in advance with your group? Is acting on potential attraction between the woman and husband discouraged by the group or is that left more to the discretion of the individual families?

With your church...put the word in the right ear that we could use a branch in North Texas

A lot of our families from Wyoming moved down to Texas over the past two years. My family had looked at buying an old school in Gilliland, Texas to make it into a big home. We also looked at land further north and even in Oklahoma because there were a lot of good places there.

I don't think anyone is living too close to anyone else though. It would be awesome to see a congregation/seed church get started though and I will definitely be praying for this!

I am also going to respond to some of your post in private.

Dont recall which conversation it was here on the site but I have been predicting here and in personal conversations recently that the interest in plural marriage is going to see a significant uptick with the world going to hell in a hand basket. Troubled times and women who might not have previously considered polygamy, thinking that the safety of an established family has more appeal sort of a thing.

Well, I think I am seeing a significant bump in the amount of Canadian women looking at plig life recently. Don't think any of them will be an ideal match for us, plus I have been burned by the foreign country and immigration thing before so, loads less interest but I have been contacted by three in just just over a week. That seems pretty significant to me.

The column A and B part comes in with the fact that everything is apt to at minimum go full depression and likely significantly far worse globally. So yeah, its nice more woman are interested in plural marriage and soon we will see loads more...but this is a total crap way for it to happen.
I think you are right in your assessment. Hard times will make more people open to traditional household structures.

Multigenerational households, or extended families living together will become more common. Likewise, polygyny will start appealing to more women.

That creates opportunity for those of us potentially interested. At the same time, it creates dangers and pitfalls. Desperation isn't the best foundation for a life together.

Hard economic times also create investment opportunities for those poised to take advantage of them. I know people that picked up real estate back in 2008-9 for almost nothing. Maybe I can do that this time around.

Also keep in mind that the extra woman you take into your house will likely be your elderly mother or mother in law, rather than a cute new wife. ☺️

I think you are right in your assessment. Hard times will make more people open to traditional household structures.

Multigenerational households, or extended families living together will become more common. Likewise, polygyny will start appealing to more women.

That creates opportunity for those of us potentially interested. At the same time, it creates dangers and pitfalls. Desperation isn't the best foundation for a life together.

Hard economic times also create investment opportunities for those poised to take advantage of them. I know people that picked up real estate back in 2008-9 for almost nothing. Maybe I can do that this time around.

Also keep in mind that the extra woman you take into your house will likely be your elderly mother or mother in law, rather than a cute new wife. ☺️

I am hoping to pick up some number of acres with house(s) and infrastructure in place when tje crash hits. I want away as far as is practical and to give my family a different and hopefully safer and more self sufficient life.

I should probably start asking women I talk to if a higher degree of social stress and economic uncertainty is playing into their thinking. I did ask one this morning but not heard back. Interesting notion.

A lot of our families from Wyoming moved down to Texas over the past two years. My family had looked at buying an old school in Gilliland, Texas to make it into a big home. We also looked at land further north and even in Oklahoma because there were a lot of good places there.

I don't think anyone is living too close to anyone else though. It would be awesome to see a congregation/seed church get started though and I will definitely be praying for this!

I am also going to respond to some of your post in private.

If it were not for a couple of personal factors I can't control or change, I would be looking at Northern Oklahoma near the Missouri border even with the state income tax. Good cheap land, tonnes of good volume springs as well as year round creeks (west Texas cattle ranching boy coming to the surface and beating his drum on the subject of water) and it feels like stepping back in time 30+ years ago.

If someone in the north Texas area happens to pop up planting seeds, drop me a line on the topic please.

😂. There are certainly UCC (United Churches of Christ) in North Texas. That doesn't mean anything.

Megan's particular congregation in Wyoming is patriarchy and polygyny friendly.

The UCC as a whole certainly isn't. The UCC as a whole is friendly towards homosexuality, feminism, egalitarianism, Marxism, and perhaps polyamory. The UCC as a whole is not at all patriarchy friendly and is not friendly towards Biblical polygyny.

Martin Luther might have been friendly towards polygyny, but I highly doubt that the LCMS or ELCA churches down the street are.

Besides all that, I think Megan's congregation actually parted ways with the UCC.

😂. There are certainly UCC (United Churches of Christ) in North Texas. That doesn't mean anything.

Megan's particular congregation in Wyoming is patriarchy and polygyny friendly.

The UCC as a whole certainly isn't. The UCC as a whole is friendly towards homosexuality, feminism, egalitarianism, Marxism, and perhaps polyamory. The UCC as a whole is not at all patriarchy friendly and is not friendly towards Biblical polygyny.

Martin Luther might have been friendly towards polygyny, but I highly doubt that the LCMS or ELCA churches down the street are.

Besides all that, I think Megan's congregation actually parted ways with the UCC.
You'll get no argument from me. Remember, I'm asserting that it's a fool's errand to hold one's breath waiting for any Christian denomination to even be quietly supportive of polygyny, and you've identified one of the reasons why they won't support that but will support all manner of Clown Worlds: they are beholden to progressivism and feminism, so they can't fully even tolerate anything associated with patriarchy.

You'll get no argument from me. Remember, I'm asserting that it's a fool's errand to hold one's breath waiting for any Christian denomination to even be quietly supportive of polygyny, and you've identified one of the reasons why they won't support that but will support all manner of Clown Worlds: they are beholden to progressivism and feminism, so they can't fully even tolerate anything associated with patriarchy.
Agreed. I wouldn't count on a liberal denomination (like UCC) or a "conservative" one like the SBC to do the right thing in these issues.

Yes we did. They're poly tolerant but they're also communist tolerant, homosexual tolerant, drug tolerant, etc.

We are always going to take care of family, and that goes without saying. We have had relatives live with us often over the years. But never underestimate what is possible!
My hubby has a cute new wife. :)

We are always going to take care of family, and that goes without saying. We have had relatives live with us often over the years. But never underestimate what is possible!
My hubby has a cute new wife. :)
Are you saying what I think you are saying? I know that you guys have been hoping to add to the family for quite a while? If so, wonderful 👍

The UCC as a whole certainly isn't. The UCC as a whole is friendly towards homosexuality, feminism, egalitarianism, Marxism, and perhaps polyamory.

Insert frowning disgusted face gif here.

Yes we did. They're poly tolerant but they're also communist tolerant, homosexual tolerant, drug tolerant, etc.

Perhaps it is my pedantic nature bit I tend to read poly tolerant as being cool with swinging, swapping, slutting, picking names out of a hat or keys out of a fishbowl, cuckolds and if there are children in tje families then deep confusion and abuse.
Part why I always say polygyny/polygamy/plural marriage. It sounds like they are good to go on the poly in the sluts of both sexes in desperate need of shaming variety however.
Blech

Back