• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Living Situations that Work ?

Flutterbug

Female
My Dh and I and This New to me Lady.
Are Just Starting to Live Poly.
My DH and I Are Already Pro-Ploy. And Are Already Informed Mostly. Probably not as much As We would like to be.
And This Lady , Umm Let's just say That even though she does not know much about it.... We ARE Already Living it !
But Just , Just In the Starting Fase
I have not met her yet.
My DH is Just Barely starting to Divide his Time.
I am NOT Apposed to meeting her at all.
And I would Much rather Start a Better Way of us all living.. But atm we aren't at that point.
I am Also of course going to share this Thread with Them both.
Or With DH and then he will with her.
As far as I have been told she does not know anything about this belief system.
Although my DH has Brought this up to her...
But the Fact of the Matter really is , is that we are already living this way ! :)
In the Extremely first steps I mean REALLY First Days of this I am Doing everything possible to be Supportive.
Meaning Shutting my Mouth and Trying so hard to Listen and Hear.
Not hear my own Voice or thoughts lol
I have Of Course reading the Scriptures.
And Praying ,Praying, PRAYING !
DH has started to pray with me again !
I don't think he is getting this from his other home.
And would VERY VERY Much like to introduce this to her from this Stand point of 100% Positivity !
As we all know (I think) the Down Side..
I also do not want to come off Where I would sound over the Top either lol !
I know in my Mind ,Body, Soul That this Can be an Amazing Way to Continue For all 3 Of us !
I am Doing everything I can to LISTEN To my DH.
And Pay complete Attention to the Thing's that I have missed him saying to me.
I am 150% Submitting to my Husband !
And it Feels Amazing !
It just Clicks !
Of Course I am Still working on it to !
So please I can't Screw this up !
My DH is my Soul mate ! PERIOD !
We need some Solid Advice . In Living situations , My DH's Time management so we are getting equal amounts of time with him Esp. During these Very First steps .
And When us Lady's Should meet . Esp. When at this point I don't know that she understands totally that we have already been living this. And that We Want to Continue. (Well sorta my DH has talked with her about this) I guess she only has knowledge from t.v shows at least That is all I know at this point.
So at least she knows that it isn't all Prairie Dresses and Compounds lol
Like I said above I am Hoping and Praying that She reads this and any responses as well as my DH on any info on the things I asked above ! :)
My Husband IS the Head of my Family period. Nothing will "Scare" Me away from this life our life together !
Just want to Add Abundance and Joy to our lives and NOT Mess this up !
I NEVER want to Divide Our Family EVER . So like I shared We ARE Literally just barely Starting as this IS What is in the Middle of the Very first days of this !
So PLEASE Anyone and every one Your Responses are Wanted !
Oh PLEASE NO NEGATIVITY !
We already have enough of that right now ! :)
Thanks
Flutterbug
P.s...
I spoke with DH about posting this and he wants to share this and any responses with our new addition. As I am unsure if I can/Should call her a SW. Yet .?

Last edited:
@Flutterbug I am really new to this, not married or in a relationship. You came to the right place for guidance. This would be where I would recommend sharing with her. It can be scary especially if you really don't know much about it. I have learned so much here.
You may need to curb your excitement just a little so you don't scare her.
When it is Yahweh who guides the relationship it can't go wrong so I am very glad you and your husband are praying together it is so important. He needs yo be the one who leads her spiritually as he is the head. He really needs to build that relationship on a solid godly foundation.
We have a ladies chat on Monday night's I would recommend joining us sometime. We also have an area just for women. You may find others who have been through what you are and can encourage you one one one. Welcome to BE it is nice to have you and hope we get to meet everyone here soon.
Blessings and Shalom ,
Patricia

Please forgive me, but my mind is trained to view capitalized words in certain ways with extra emphasis. For me, reading a post with so many capitalizations is very uneven and I know that I fail to perceive your heart because of it.
How do you live it? It seems that you already are. What would be your specific questions?

Flutterbug, I'm just reading this thread for the first time. I'm intrigued with the "first steps" vantage point as I've wondered how DO existing relationships enter into the BF realm carefully, wisely, but successfully. I notice you've not posted since June. Hope you'll bring us up to date.

We need some Solid Advice .

It is not clear exactly what advice you are seeking. Praying together and being open seem like good first steps.

There is no one right way to do it, so being flexible and being mature and being able to handle the unexpected should be helpful tools for you all.

Best wishes on your journey and please keep us informed on how it goes. Everyone loves to hear the true to life stories.

Back