• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Long awaited intro from North Carolina

EWP

Male
Hello to all

I have been registered here for a little more than 4 years but have not posted much.

I have not posted an introduction, so I thought what better day to do that, as today is our 40th wedding anniversary.

I found this site via Facebook about 5 years ago on one of the FB polygyny groups that we were in.

We stopped messing with FB a few years ago, my wife and both have been reading a lot here.

We are from north - central North Carolina right on the VA/NC border.

We are monogamous although we both believe in polygyny.

My wife and I dated for almost 4 years before we were married.

She was brought up in church but I was not

I didn't come to Yeshua until some time after we were married.

My wife kept after me about so 1 Corinthians 7:14 comes to mind.

I was ordained 23 years ago (not active).

I believe that men are polygamous by nature ( almost like it's built into our DNA).

In our earlier relationship I wasn't always faithful but not because I believed in polygamy but because I was still in the world

But my wife stuck right with me through it all.

We discovered what the Bible says about polygyny about 6 years ago and have been studying it ever since.

BTW hello to our neighbor to the south of us @PeteR and yes the Corolinas are representing.

And now to the bad part of this post.

I was in several FB polygyny groups as well as on other such websites when I started here.

The thing that attracted me most about this site was the deep discussions/debates in the torah.

But now it seems to me at least that we may not be allowed to discuss the torah.

So with that I will be around but I probably won't post a lot out of fear of cross torah line.

Anyway I feel that there was so much more that I wanted to say in my introduction but I just can't think of it all right now.

My wife reads on here but she is not yet registered. Maybe she'll get registered soon.

For now hello and Shalom

I guess I can't edit so I'll add this.

I am 58 and my wife is 59.
She is 11 months and 4 days older. She was born in first part of 1965 and was born in the last part of the same year

I read a thread somewhere here once about hair color that you prefer.
It really doesn't matter to me but I guess I have to say redhead since my wife is a redhead.

Welcome! Don't worry about crossing lines with Torah. There is no other standard we can affirm. Glad you are both here!
Please tell your wife a benefit of registering is the forum software keeps track of where you are in reading a thread and what is new to you. We are a fairly friendly bunch, even if debates happen.
Editing privileges come with more posting.
I decided to add that I'm almost a year older then my husband too. Early and mid July birthdays different years.
Oh...and our youngest has red hair!

Welcome!

Reactions: EWP
Welcome! You can discuss Torah, particularly how it relates to you. You can not make the claim that Torah keeping is mandatory or forbidden. It is an easy policy to adhere to. Plus, the penalties are extremely light. We seldom administer all 40 lashes and almost never stone anyone! Anymore. Our team insurance doesn’t cover it. We’re looking for a new insurer but at the last stoning @FollowingHim2 “accidentally” hit @FollowingHim and the resultant stitches cost us our coverage. A replacement has proven difficult to procure so for the time being stonings are on hold.

Shalom and welcome.

Welcome! Glad you ventured out to introduce yourself. I hope your wife will someday, too.

Thanks for the welcome all.

Welcome! Don't worry about crossing lines with Torah. There is no other standard we can affirm. Glad you are both here!

I don't think I'll be posting much.
I'd rather just keep reading and keep my opinions about the Torah to my self.

Shalom and welcome! Glad you're here!

Welcome! You can discuss Torah, particularly how it relates to you. You can not make the claim that Torah keeping is mandatory or forbidden. It is an easy policy to adhere to. Plus, the penalties are extremely light. We seldom administer all 40 lashes and almost never stone anyone! Anymore. Our team insurance doesn’t cover it. We’re looking for a new insurer but at the last stoning @FollowingHim2 “accidentally” hit @FollowingHim and the resultant stitches cost us our coverage. A replacement has proven difficult to procure so for the time being stonings are on hold.
I heard there is a new Virtual Stoning app you can get. LOL!!!

Hello.
We are also in the Triangle area. In the north part. We are about 45 miles due north of Raleigh
So we’re probably only an hour apart then. I’m keen to meet like-minded folks (as far as thoughts about marriage anyway—not a Torah-follower myself), so if ever you want to grab lunch sometime, feel free to send me a dm.

Back