• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Looking at moving,....see post...

OhMyStars

Female
So our small (if 8 people by the time we move can be considered small...lol) plural family is looking at leaving our northern Midwest locality, and looking at moving somewhere a little more friendly, with like minded folks, warmer, winter is the pits-meaning less northern....lol
We are looking at Oklahoma, where we have lived before, so that will always be 'homa'. Colorado, Texas, Arizona, for example. For people who live in our search area, what can you tell us about the laws, cohabitation, gun, even about living off grid, or partial off grid, and anything else that we should consider about said states we are looking at. We have been doing some research ourselves, but coming from people who live there is always the best source of information. TIA!

We’re in OK. I’d have to say that we really like it. It is a great 2A (2nd Amendment) state. An extremely conservative state politically. Lots of places to get off grid. Lots of water and waterways. If you can find a property that has Natural Gas crossing it, even if you don’t have mineral rights you are still allowed to tap it for free. In an off grid setup that is a massive benefit. Winters are typically mild, summers can be hot and humid, Hunting is pretty good with lots of public land. Limit for deer is 6 + 1. Lots and lots of fishing opportunities. In our area lots of organic small farms. Also a legal medical marijuana state if thats important.

There is a pretty good contingent of Texas folks and we even mostly get along OK with the OK folks.

Technically "purporting" to be married to more than one person is a felony, but I have never heard of anyone being prosecuted. I do not think even those Mormons who were busted here were charged with it.

If Texas is on the short list you will want to get in touch with @andrew if you are not already.

The only problem with Texas is that everyone else is moving here. :)

We’re in OK. I’d have to say that we really like it. It is a great 2A (2nd Amendment) state. An extremely conservative state politically. Lots of places to get off grid. Lots of water and waterways. If you can find a property that has Natural Gas crossing it, even if you don’t have mineral rights you are still allowed to tap it for free. In an off grid setup that is a massive benefit. Winters are typically mild, summers can be hot and humid, Hunting is pretty good with lots of public land. Limit for deer is 6 + 1. Lots and lots of fishing opportunities. In our area lots of organic small farms. Also a legal medical marijuana state if thats important.

We used to live there several years ago, it will always be home. We are fairly familiar with it, but thank you for the info about the natural gas, we didn't know that was available unless you had mineral rights.
We are still looking at options, and trying to decide where we want to go...where we are supposed to be.

<p>Sparked by controversy over same-sex marriages, the Oklahoma House of Representatives passed a bill Tuesday that would abolish government-issued Oklahoma marriage licenses.</p>
<p>“The point of my legislation is to take the state out of the process and leave marriage in the hands of the clergy,” said state Rep. Todd Russ, R-Cordell, the bill’s House author. “Marriage was historically a religious covenant first and a government-recognized contract second. Under my bill, the state is not allowing or disallowing same-sex marriage. It is simply leaving it up to the clergy.”</p>
<p>Under House Bill 1125, marriage licenses would be replaced by marriage certificates issued by clergy and others authorized to perform marriage ceremonies. The bill passed the House 67-24 and will now go to the Senate for consideration.</p>
<p>Russ’ bill sparked spirited discussion on the House floor, with some Democrat lawmakers arguing that the bill could have unintended consequences — like eliminating the state’s ability to stop bigamy or polygamy.</p>

2015...died in the senate.

We live in Oklahoma and have all our.lives. really dont want to go anywhere else. But where.im at not very many people live pural marriage

So....to revive this post.....Texas is the destination! We have talked and prayed and all signs are pointing at Texas. Unless something earthshattering happens to change our direction, texas is it. So, sound off! We need poly-minded friends! We have literally no friends, and no family really who support or even want to be involved in our lives, knowing we live this lifestyle. It's sad really.
Thanks in advance!
Now to find a buyer for our home and get moved! My head hurts thinking about all this. Lol.

Well after alot of thinking and praying, it seems we all feel the same thing, Corpus Christi area. Hubby has an application in for a job there, no need yet, but we are still praying and hoping for positive news...now to find housing. It's hard with our little zoo, humans and animals alike haha, to find room for all of us together, but if this is indeed the location, I know God will provide!

Well after alot of thinking and praying, it seems we all feel the same thing, Corpus Christi area. Hubby has an application in for a job there, no need yet, but we are still praying and hoping for positive news...now to find housing. It's hard with our little zoo, humans and animals alike haha, to find room for all of us together, but if this is indeed the location, I know God will provide!
Nice beaches in Corpus Christi. Almost as good as those in Galveston.

Nice beaches in Corpus Christi. Almost as good as those in Galveston.
Perfect target for al of those annual hurricanes. Keeps us pretty busy here in North Texas.

We are excited! I was on Mustang Island as a kid and fell completely in love with it, always wanted to go back, and here we are. But super nervous! Still trying to lock in housing, it's hard to find something that will fit us all, plus be within our budget, which is EXTREMELY tight right now, until we get there and start work...1 job told him as soon as he gets his Texas CDL they'd hire him, so we are leaving for Texas on the 11th of July with a grand leap of faith, and praying that everything will work out....funds, housing, traveling mercies, etc. Hurricanes stay away till we get settled! Haha

We are excited! I was on Mustang Island as a kid and fell completely in love with it, always wanted to go back, and here we are. But super nervous! Still trying to lock in housing, it's hard to find something that will fit us all, plus be within our budget, which is EXTREMELY tight right now, until we get there and start work...1 job told him as soon as he gets his Texas CDL they'd hire him, so we are leaving for Texas on the 11th of July with a grand leap of faith, and praying that everything will work out....funds, housing, traveling mercies, etc. Hurricanes stay away till we get settled! Haha
Come up to Austin when the Hurricanes come around.

That was 5 years ago. I haven’t heard if they have gotten any traction with it.
I used to follow him on Facebook until he pulled back.

That was 5 years ago. I haven’t heard if they have gotten any traction with it.
I used to follow him on Facebook until he pulled back.
I understand there is a thriving Mormon/AUB community up there in Montana. I believe that family was part of that community.

Back